1 - Daddys Home

"So what are we doing today? Cause I am super bored" I sigh.
"Family meeting" Brax says.
I purse my lips and nod, but Brax looks at me serious. I look to Casey who sits across from me to se sir he knows what's going on, but he shrugs.
"This idiot just helped Dad get out of jail" he announces pointing to Heath.
"Why would you do that?" I question.
"How?" Casey adds.
"That doesn't matter. Danny is gonna find out that the money he left behind is gone, because I gave it to mum and helped her do a runner before he came here" Brax declares, "When he finds out, he's not going to be happy. I don't want any of you seeing him"
"Why not?" Case asks.
"Cause I said so" he responds strongly.
"He's changed alright I've been visiting him. You know your not always right Brax, you ever think that?" Heath argues.
"I saw him as well mate, and he hasn't changed. He's still the same on manipulative dog. He's tricking you-"
"Nah, he's not" Heath shouts.
"Heath is right. We should get the chance to talk to Danny, he's our Dad Brax, no matter how much you hate it" Casey defends.
"If you want to see him, be my guest. But I warned you Case, I thought you would've been smart about this" he scoffs.
"You're not in charge of me Brax, as much as you wish you were. I make my own choices, so yeah, I'm going to see Danny. Why would he even bother tricking Heath?"
"I don't know mate-"
"Exactly" Case cuts Brax off.
Heath storms out of the house, Casey following him. Brax sighs and turns to me.
"What do you think of all this Lil?" he asks, walking over and sitting in the chair next to me.
I shrug.
"I don't know. I mean, I know he's a bad guy, I've just, I don't have any memories of him. Just stories from you and Heath"
"He is a bad guy. You were so little, like Casey. Every time Dad came round, I would get you and Case out of the house, or Heath would. One of the two. But, one day I got home to late. You were four, and Danny, he hit you unconscious because you were crying. I was gone for the day doing business, Case was asleep and you hadn't been fed all day. I got home, I heard crying and then a loud punch. I walked into the living room and there you were. You were unconscious for so long we took you to the hospital"
"What did you say happened?"
"You knocked your head on the counter. Lillie, carrying you into that hospital, your tiny, lifeless body in my arms. That was one of the worst days in my life. Listen to me when I tell you, Danny is bad news"
"I'm listening Brax, promise. But, I also sort of want to get to know him. I mean he is my Dad after all" I explain, "Are you mad at me?"
"No, I understand. Just, be careful right?"
I nod.
"Alright, you got any homework your should be doing?"
"Nah, it's all done. Wanna go for a surf?"
"Yeah" he smiles.
We both get dressed then make our way down to the beach. When we get out of the car, I see Heath, Case and Dad. They walk over to us.
"My god, Lillie, you're so grown up. You're beautiful, you definitely get that from me" he laughs.
Heath and Case laugh, me and Brax don't. I turn to look at Brax, he looks at me curious to how I'm going to respond.
"So, you want to join your Dad and brothers for a pizza?"
"No thanks, and, you can't call yourself my Dad when you haven't been in my life since I was four years old. Case and Heath might be happy you're here Dad, but I'm not" I declare.
Brax smiles proudly and I start walking with him down to the beach. He rustles my hair and I shove him playfully.
"Beat you to the first wave" I challenge and rush into the water.
We are sitting on the water, floating on our surf boards.
"We've been out of trouble for a while now Brax, I like it like this. Please, don't let anything start up with Danny yeah?"
"No, I promise. It will be all good. He's not going to cause trouble" Brax assures me.
"Alright. Do you think Heath and Case will be mad at me?"
"They'll get over it"
I nod, looking down worried.
"Hey look at me Lil, you can have your own thoughts and feelings towards Dad, they have no right to give you a hard time for it so if they do, ignore them"
"Yeah, don't worry I will"
"Good. Alright I'm heading to work, come by tonight and I'll get you a pizza"
"Aright sounds good"
We leave the water and I walk up to the diner. I grab a muffin to go, and when I'm starting to walk home, I see Dad and Brax standing against the beach fence line. I listen as they talk, staying hidden behind a pole.
"You're going to get me my money Daryl, you don't tell me what to do, I tell you. So if you don't get the money, you'll be in trouble. Pay off your debt son, it's business. Don't make me show you what will happen"
I quickly turn around and start walking to the gym. I get up and see Heath.
"Hey Heath!" I call, grab his arm and pull him into the office.
"Jesus what's going on?"
"I just overheard Dad threatening to hurt Brax cause he lost his money! How much money was it, tell me?"
"About fifty grand"
"Are you serious? Brax doesn't have that money! This is your fault! If Danny hurts him it's on you" I glare.
"Of Danny hurts Brax, its because he took money that wasn't his and gave it away. Brax dug himself this hole he can climb his way out of it"
"Wow, sounds like a true brother Heath" I scoff and storm out.
When I arrive home, I go and collapse down on my bed and end up falling asleep.

I wake up by my phone ringing.
"Hello?"
"Lillie, this is Dr Walker, I have Brax in the hospital he has been beaten up-"
"I'm on my way"