15 - Brax's Birthday

Lillie POV
I lay in Nicks arms.
"I should get home, Brax is expecting me" I sigh.
"But you're so much more comfy here" he argues as I sit up.
"Yeah, I am but, I need to get home" I laugh.
I change back into my dress and hold my shoes in my hands.
"I just want to walk home, get some fresh air, think for a bit"
"Yeah, about what?" he asks smiling.
"About how I could love someone so much" I smirk.
"That's a nice walk" he grins.
I laugh and kiss his lips, I am about to leave, but I turn around at the door.
"We don't run from the bad guys" I nod.
"No, we sure as hell don't" he nods.
I wave goodbye smiling and then start waking home. When I get inside, I am shocked when I see Brax shirtless, making out with Ricky. He notices me and quickly stops. I glare at him. I scoff and then go to my room, but Brax grabs my wrist.
"Lil-"
"She is the reason Nick and I both nearly died! She's a rat Brax, I don't know how you could even think of being with her after what she's done" I hiss and then pull my arm free and go into my room.
I close my door and take a deep breath. Of course I couldn't just have a good night. God, it's Brax's birthday tomorrow, we are throwing him a surprise dinner party at Charlie's. Tomorrow will be interesting.

I walk into the kitchen and see Brax.
"About last night-"
"Let's just forget about it for now. I don't want to be mad at you on your birthday" I plead.
He nods and Casey walks up from behind me.
"Happy birthday old man!" he yells.
Brax scoffs and puts Case in a headlock.
"Old man?" he questions.
"Alright enough!" I laugh pulling Casey out.
"I saw you leave early last night, with Nick" Casey teases.
"Really?" Brax questions happily.
"Yes, yeah I did" I nod smiling.
Casey cheers loudly.
"We all knew that was going to happen" he chuckles.
"Yeah, just like you knew we were going to get together" I scoff rolling my eyes.
"Exactly" he nods, grinning proudly.
"So, what's happening today?"
"Morning at the beach, then a family dinner at Charlie's" I answer.
"Alright well lets get to the beach!" Brax claps.
"Are you gonna surf?" Case asks.
"Nah, I'm a bit sore" I shrug.
"That's alright, Bianca, Denny and Darce will all be there"
I nod and we all get ready then leave the house to the beach. We get to the beach and on our way on to the sand, I see Nick. I smile and make my way to him as he walks to me.
"Am I invited to this thing tonight for Brax?" he asks.
"Is that even a question? Of course you are" I laugh.
"Good! Now we surfing?"
"I'm not but the boys are"
"Want me to sit with you?" he asks kindly.
"No, I got the girls. So surf" I insist.
"Come on Nick! You're not the one who got shot hurry up!" Heath yells.
I turn and glare at him laughing, he blows me a kiss and then Nick runs over, joining the boys. I walk down and sit next to Bianca and Denny. Darcey is building a sand castle in front of us.
"Everything for tonight all set up?" Bianca asks.
I am about to answer but I see Liam with a couple of his friends, they stand behind whilst Liam walks towards me. I stand up and smile.
"Hey"
"Hey, so you never texted last night"
"Yeah, about that. Look I'm sorry but-"
"I saw you leave with that tosser. I know what you did" he scoffs.
"Look I'm sorry Lim, I honestly didn't know it was going to happen"
"Sure. Lillie you're a whore. It's written all over your face and your history. You a Mangrove, scum slut" he declares and his friends howl behind him.
"You're a fucking prick" I glare.
"Don't get and beautiful" he chuckles, then he and his boys walk off, all of them whistling and howling at me.
"What does scum slut mean?" Darcey questions.
I gasp, forgetting she was there.
"I'm so sorry Bianca-"
"No, it's okay! Lillie are you okay?"
"I'm fine, promise" I nod, "I'm just going to go for a walk, don't tell the boys what happened okay?"
They both nod and I walk off the beach.

"I got a text! Brax is coming he's coming everyone hide!" I shout.
We all get down, then when Brax and Casey walk in, everyone jumps up and shouts 'surprise!' I smile happily as Brax laughs stunned. Everyone says happy birthday and shakes his hand. I walk over to Brax,
"Surprised?" I check.
"Definitely! This is great, thanks Lil"
"Always for my big brother, I also have a special other surprise for you"
He looks to me confused. I walk past him and get up on the small stage set up in the corner of the room. I look to Nick who smiles at me supportively, I told him about this last night. I tap on the mic and everyone's attention turns on me.
"Hey, hi. So, not a lot of you know this but, I like to sing. I don't really think I'm the best at it, but, my favourite memory from when I was young, is when Brax would come up to my room to me randomly, and ask me to sing. He did it a lot, and every time I sang he just sat and watched on smiling. Brax, you're my big brother, my hero, my best mate and the biggest goof I know" I chuckle, everyone laughing, "And I love you, tremendously. Without you, I don't think, actually I know I wouldn't be here. So thank you, for everything you've done. This was Brax's favourite song I would sing, so, here it is; I'm going to sing Hallelujah"

Brax POV
"I didn't know she could sing!" Bianca gasps beside me as Lillie begins.
"She always has, it's amazing" I smile, watching Lillie.
Her voice, my favourite sound in the world, all the memories flood back. She's so beautiful, standing up there I remember when she was the size of a five year old singing to me. She smiles as I look to her, completely mesmerised once again, just a decade later. Heath pats my shoulder and I turn to him.
"That's all you mate. You have done everything for her, you have parented her, you're the reason, she's standing there. Be damn proud of that Brax because you did one hell of a great job" he declares.
I nod grateful for what he said and turn back to Lil.
"Nah Heath, she did it all herself. I just watched on carefully" I chuckle.