11 - Adam Sharpe

Its been a week of staying at Nicks, I wake up in his arms once again. I slept in one of his t-shirts. He has such a good body, abs; hot surfer body is what like to call it. I look up to him and kiss his lips, he wakes up and kisses me back.
"Hey, Case texted me, he wants me to get some breakfast with him and go for a surf. You want to come? Denny is there, so if you don't I'll be third wheeling" I state.
"Alright I'm coming, cause god forbid you have to be a third wheel" he teases, kissing my forehead.

After breakfast, me and the boys went for a surf. I cut out a bit early and walk up on to the beach, sitting next to Denny. She's watching Casey happily.
"He's good aye?"
"Yeah, brilliant!" she nods.
"Do you love him? I know he loves you"
She turns to me and smiles. I've never seen anyone so happy.
"Yes, I love him, so much"
"Good, because I really like you" I note.
She laughs and thanks me, then we continue watching the boys surf when Ricky walks over.
"Hey Ricky! Sit down, this is Denny Casey's girl and Denny with is Ricky, Brax's girl" I tease.
Ricky laughs and blushes.
"You're a trouble maker Lil. I'm not Brax's girl, we just had a good time"
"Oh yeah? Three dates in seven days?" I question.
"Yes just friends!" she laughs, "but tonight we are also going out for dinner" she adds.
I smile happily.
The boys come up from the beach and I hand Nick his towel.
"I gotta go meet my mum. I'll be there for a couple hours, but when I come back can I see you?"
"Yeah, come over to mine we can order some pizza and watch a scary movie" I suggest.
"Keen" he nods, kissing my lips.
"You're hot when you surf, shame that your girlfriends better than you though" I smirk.
"One, I know I'm hot. Two, my girlfriend likes to think she's better but, really I just let her have the good waves"
"Alright enough, plus mate you aren't hot. You're butt ugly" Casey jokes laughing.
I laugh as Nick shoves him playfully.
"Hey, sorry, I'm Nick. We haven't officially met, but I do remember seeing you around in the old Mangrove days" he says, putting his hand out to Ricky.
"Yeah, you too! Ricky" she smiles, shaking his hand.
"Heard your seeing Brax, welcome to the crazy Braxton family"
"Crazy huh?" I question.
"Yeah" he nods, "But, I'm still dating you and I ain't afraid of it. I'm dating Lillie Braxton! I love Lillie Braxton!" he shouts dramatically as he walks off the beach.
All of us laugh and I smirk at him, as he grins back mischievously.
"You defiantly have a keeper there Lillie" Denny laughs.
"Don't I know it" I smile happily.

I sit on the couch with Case, it's nearly eleven o'clock, when Brax walks in from his date.
"So how was it?" I ask grinning.
"It was good, also it's not your business. I'm not one to kiss and tell" he smirks proudly.
Case and I laugh as Brax gets a beer, sitting down next to us.
"Where's Nick?"
"I don't know, he hasn't respond to my texts, I'm guessing his mum needed him to stay. I know how she is" I sigh.
"Yeah, either of you heard from the happy honey mooning couple?"
"Yeah, they're loving the city, being by the pool Bianca shopping Heath with a beer and no Darcey to look after, they're having fun" Case nod chuckling.
"Still can't believe he got married, Heath out of all of us" Brax smiles, "Im in love with Ricky, it's only been a bit more than a week but, god she's amazing"
"I'm going to marry Nick one day" I state, both of the boys looking to me, "I can just see it. I'll marry that dork, no one else would ever measure to him"
"He did pull a romantic stunt on the beach today, declaring his love. Got to give him one for that, Denny loved it. Now I got to show her some romantics gesture" Casey scoffs.
Brax and I laugh. Then all of a sudden, I hear tyres screeching to a stop.
"Oi Braxton's!" someone howls, then the car goes off.
I look to Brax and we all run outside.
"Nick!" I scream.
I see him on the ground, he has been beaten to a pulp. There is so much blood.
"Nick wake up, come on baby wake up" I plead, "Come on Nick, not again, don't do this to me again. I love you please, please wake up!"

"How is he how was the surgery?"
I've been here for four hours.
"Nick is awake. His arm is broken, so were three of his ribs, one of which punctured his lung but surgery fixed it all up. His heart stopped in surgery three times, so he's not out of the woodsHe is on medicine to help with the pain, but he will be in the hospital recovering for a while" he states
"I need to see him"
"Of course"
Suddenly, Brax grabs my wrist. I look and see he's on the phone. He pulls me and Case into the empty room, telling Nate we need a minute.
"Brax what's?"
"You're on speaker. Who are you and what do you want?" Brax growls me, holding the phone in the middle of the three of us.
"How's that kid? Nick. You know Brax, when we were younger we were close. I know a lot about you, and where to hit you hard. Your family, most of all, your youngest, precious Lillie. God, she must be so scared to have the one she loved die. She'll blame that all of you Brax and she should, this is your mess you made, she's just dragged into it once again"
"Adam" Brax hisses.
"That's right, the best mate you left for dead! Well I'm not dead Brax, and I'm coming for you, I'm settling the score. What, you think my sister coming was on purpose? She was the one that told me you were there, she was checking for me! I told her, give me someone that will hurt him or someone in the family, someone I can hurt. She gave me the kid, so I killed him. Now, I'm coming for you"
"Hey Adam, you didn't kill him" I hiss, "But, I'm going to kill you"
"Oh Lillie, you were always my favourite. I'll see you Braxtons"
The phone hangs up and I look straight to Brax, then I leave. I go to Nicks room.
"Hey beautiful"
I walk to him and stand beside his bed, not touching him.
"I just needed to check you're okay. Nick, I'm so sorry. I let you get involved with me when of course it was going to be dangerous it always is in my family-"
"Lil-"
"We're done. I'm breaking up with you. This is it. I don't want to see you" I declare.
"Lillie" I hear Case gasp behind me.
"Lil, you dont mean that. We've always had bad guys come after us, we fight them. We don't run away we run to them!" Nick states.
"The bad guys only hurt you because you're with me! That's why you nearly died, three times!" I cry, "I'm not letting that happened again. I won't"
I wipe my cheeks and take a deep breath.
"You're right Nick, we don't run. So, we're over. And I'm going to run, I'm going to get the son of a bitch that did this to you and even the score-"
"Lillie don't-"
"You're safe and better off without me. We were kidding ourselves being together. Good bye Nick, I'm so sorry"
I walk out of the room and fast out of the hospital.
"Lillie stop!"
"No Brax! This is all of my fault! I caused him this pain, I was the reason he was hurt now and from the bomb! It's all been because of me! Adam wants a war, well he's going to get one-"
"It's not your war"
"It is when he tried to kill the person I love. It is my war now. You...Ricky is the one that, she. Get rid of her Brax, she needs to tell us where Adam is" I demand.
"I know, I'm going to talk to her-"
"Bring her to the house, call her. Now"