13 - Staying with Lillie

Brax POV
"Brax"
I turn and see Heath standing at the door. I walk over and we both hug tight, then lean back.
"Case filled me in. So are we going to go kill the bastard or what?" he states mad.
"Were not. We are staying with Lillie, it's what she told me to do, it's what she wanted. We are staying" I respond.
"How the hell did this happen?" he sighs.

Nate finally comes to us with news, it's been five hours, now past morning.
"Lillie is alive but, the surgery was tough. We lost her a couple of times and she needed an extreme amount of blood. Right now, she's not breathing on her own. We have her on what's commonly known as 'life support', it's the reason she's breathing. Unless her body starts  regenerating and fighting, she might now breath on her own again. I'm so sorry boys"
We are all silent.
"I told you to save her" I glare.
"We did our best-"
"Well it wasn't enough!" I yell, Heath and Vase grabbing me, holding me back.
"You better go mate" Heath says.
Nate nods and leaves the room. I suddenly hear people yelling security outside. I open the door and see Adam.
"Is she dead? Did I do it? I heard it was her birthday!" he laughs.
"You son of a bitch!"
I storm towards him and smash him into the wall. I punch his face hard and then in the stomach. He shoves me back into a table, then Heath steps in and gets in a few punches, then Casey. Suddenly the cops rush in and pull us all off of Adam, picking him up.
"We have him! Stay back!" they demand.
"You're going to rot Adam" I declare.
"What, like Lillie?" he laughs.
I storm towards him but a cop stands in front of me blocking me.
"Give her a kiss for me" he says as the cops walk him out.
I yell and turn around punching the wall.
"Let me help, clean your fists, then I'll take you to Lillie" Nate pleads.
I look to the boys and we all nod.

We sit beside Lillie's bed. I finally got the boys to go home, only took getting there girlfriends here and some yelling for them to get some sleep to do it. It's been three days. I've been between here and Nicks room, knowing Lil wouldn't want him to be alone. I hold her hand, it's warm, she's still with me.
"Adam was right about one this Lillie, you are my favourite and you definitely were when we were younger. You, are so incredibly kind and caring. You're smart, funny, strong, brace and beautiful. I'm sorry this has happened to you. I never wanted this to happen to you, I never wanted you to be a target but you are and I'm sorry I couldn't save you" I sigh, my voice shaking, "When we were little, my favourite thing was hearing you sing. Whenever I had a shit ass day or got into a fight with Danny or Mum, I'd go to your room where you played with Casey's old toy cars, and I'd ask you to sing. You'd do it every time. Until, Danny once said something horrible to you about your singing and, I haven't heard your beautiful voice since. Well, I've had a shit ass day Lil, and I'd love to hear you sing, or even just your voice. Please Lil, I need you"
Her hand squeezes mine, and I look up to see her eyes open, looking at me.
"She's awake! Doc she's awake!" I shout.
Nate comes rushing in and I watch him pullout the tube from Lillie's mouth, then shines a light from her eyes.
"Lillie it's good to see you. You've been sleeping on us for three days, but you're okay now"
"Lillie?" I question.
"Hey Brax" she croaks, looking over to me.
I laugh, not noticing the tears of happiness that have fallen down my cheeks. I kiss her forehead hard and smile, putting my hands in her cheeks.
"You scared me kid" I sigh.
"You stayed with me" she says.
"I never left" I nod.
She takes a deep breath.
"I love you" her voice breaks and I watch as her eyes fill with water.
"I love you more Lillie" I declare and kiss her once more, "Wait here one second okay? I'll call the boys"
"Brax! How's Nick?"
"He's great, getting released tonight. I'll tell him to come see you-"
"No, Brax. Don't tell him that. Just, get the boys okay?"
I nod, continuing to call the boys.

"Lillie!" Casey smiles and rushes over to Lil.
"Hey Case"
He kisses her cheek and squeezes her hand, we can't really hug her without hurting her stomach.
"Hey Heath, how was the honey moon?" she asks.
"It was great, thanks. Oh, come here" he sighs and kisses her forehead, then stroking her hair.
I stand at the end of the bed, Heath and Casey either side of her. She's smiling, so happy even after everything, but then, it stops.
"Adam, is he? Did the police find him?"
"They got him. That bastard isn't going to come near you again" I declare.
She takes a deep breath of relief and nods.
"You tired? Are you in pain?" I check worried.
"A bit tired yeah" she sighs.
"We'll let you sleep"
"I'm not back with Nick" she states.
"What? Why?" Casey asks confused.
"I got shot, because someone was mad at our family. Danny blew up the restaurant that had so many other innocent people, because of our family. Nick isn't safe if he's my friend, let alone my boyfriend. I can't let him get hurt, so, he's not my boyfriend, and I can't hang out with him so I guess, were not really going to be friends either"
"You don't have to do that, Nick will not get hurt again-"
"Yes, he will. It's inevitable. Just, make sure he gets to his house safe tonight for me please?"
"Lil-"
"I'll make sure Lil, he'll be right. Get some sleep, we will all see you soon" I assure her, cutting Case off.
She closes her eyes and nods. The boys follow me outside and I close the door quietly.
"Case, she's made up her mind about Nick, we just have to let her"
"But it's wrong Brax, she won't be the same without him, she needs him-"
"She needs to find that out on her own" I state.
Case nods.
"Brax, you've hardly got any sleep at all for the past three days. Go home, I'm going to stay with Lil, Case will go grab us some food"
"Yeah, okay. Call if you need anything. I'm going to go and see Nick on my way out"
I say good bye to the boys and then go to Nicks room. When I get inside he is packing his back pack.
"How's Lillie? Is she up to seeing me yet?"
I take a deep breath and shake my head.
"Nick, I'm sorry mate. She good, just tired but, she still doesn't want to see you. She thinks that you're going to just keep on getting hurt if you know her"
"That's a load of bull Brax! I can take care of myself"
"I know mate I know! But, we got to let her figure that out. We've just got to let her make up her own mind"
"I need to see her Brax, I'm going out of my mind I just want to make sure and see that she's okay"
"You will. But not tonight. Come on, I'm taking you home Nick"
"Does she care? Does she-"
"She asked about you as soon as she woke up. She cares mate, that won't change"
He nods and rubs his eyes tiredly.
"Okay, yeah lets go"
"Come on" I nod, patting his back.