delirium

"Natsu! Heh! There are two of you!" Lucy giggles, pointing a finger somewhere.

Natsu sighs, gently pushing her back onto her bed. He had gotten a message from Erza that Lucy is ill and requires someone to take care of her. Everyone seemed busy and he ended up being the one who volunteered to check up on Lucy.

He hadn't expected to find an intoxicated Lucy with flushed cheeks that laughed at everything.

"Go back to bed, Luce. Aren't you sick?"

"Nope! I'm hella healthy! Hella happy!" Lucy chirps, sticking her arms up in the air, giggling again.

Since when did Lucy say 'hella'?

Natsu perches himself onto the edge of the bed, tucking Lucy into the covers. The blonde huffs, blowing strands of hair away from her face. Her cheeks are flushed, with a sheen of sweat covering her forehead. Natsu gently places his hand on her forehead and instantly recoils.

"Jesus, Luce! You're really hot!"

Lucy grins toothily, "Of course I am! I'm a hot chick and you're my sexy beast!"

"What?"

"Natsu, I think I'm in love. Is it Friday?"

"Yeah."

"Friday I'm in love!" Lucy sings happily, "Sing along with me!"

Natsu delicately pushes her arms back down, ruffling her hair as she pouts childishly.

"Luce, you have a fever." Natsu says worriedly, frowning.

"Oh yes! I do, don't I? That's why I took those pills... Uh I think.. Meow Natsu..." Lucy mumbles drowsily, yawning.

"What pills?"

"Mmm... On my table.. I found.. Erm... Pink pills! They're really... uh pretty..."

Natsu walks over to her desk, picking up a tiny pink bottle. He shakes it, surprised to find it almost empty. He tries reading the label, frowning and scratching his head at certain complicated words.

"Luce, what does this do to you?"

"Hmm... High... Sleepy... Crazy..."

"Luce? I think maybe you should just sleep." Natsu walks back to her bed, patting her head softly.

"Natsu..."

"Yeah, Lucy?"

"Don't go.. Please stay with me.. Don't leave me alone..." Lucy mutters, frowning as her eyelids droop.

Her right hand reaches up, fumbling around. Natsu tentatively reaches for it, and instantly, Lucy's fingers curls around Natsu's.

"Mmm... Nice hand.. Don't let go..."

Natsu has no intentions of leaving Lucy alone, definitely.

"Luce, get a good rest."

"Goodnight... Natsu."

"Sleep well Luce."

Natsu watches patiently as the blonde mage falls alseep, snoring softly. He leans over and plants a small kiss on her forehead.

"I'd never leave you, Lucy."

author's note:
hello lovelies , it's been such a long time and here i am uploading this :-( i'm so sorry this was written in may 2014 i think, and there is one more oneshot i have saved ....... which may be uploaded sometime soon too. i've been on a hiatus from writing fanfiction for such a long time because i suppose there wasn't much inspiration (goes for all my fics) & i was experimenting, still am by the way, with my writing style :-) i'm rather sad to say that this collection of one shots was started way back & my writing style has changed quite a fair bit. i may or may not just leave this up here & add on with newer one shots if any.
however, for those of you whom read my multi-chaptered fics, i'm also incredibily sorry about the lack of updates. trust me, i tried writing but it's not easy :-( i'm unsatisfied with whatever work i have. i may go back and edit the multi-chaptered fics and rewrite them.
also, i've started a new fic series but i'm still hesitant on whether or not i should post it due to commitment issues in my ability to complete the fic.
anyway, i would also like to thank all of you all for sticking by my stories all these while. it's very heartening to know that people do enjoy my old pieces of writing even though they are very amateur and unpolished.
so thank you and i'm so sorry about my hiatus. i'm probably not back for good too, but don't be afraid to contact me :-)