Picnic

A/N : here's an update guys! I'm starting school again tomorrow so I'm gonna be busier. I've also started a new NALU fanfiction as a side project, entitled 'The Baby Project' and it's a high school AU fic, so I hope you guys will like it too. It's already been posted, so just click on my profile and check it out please. Also, do read Captive if you have not, it's another of my main NALU fanfics, and it's also AU and a bit dark, but it does have it's fluffy moments. Anyway, thanks for your support and continue on with the story! Vote & comment too please. :)

-

-

-

"Hehe, this is sweet of you !" Lucy smiled sweetly as she looked at her surroundings, before her eyes landed on a wooden basket.

"Yeah.. I thought a picnic would be... nice.." Natsu mumbled nervously, and the blonde only giggled, seemingly oblivious to the fact that Natsu was nervous.

"Ah, I never thought you would do something like this !"

"You thought wrong then." Natsu could barely say the words without blushing.

Natsu didn't know when Lucy became so enticing, how she became from just a best friend to this... The source of all his blushing and sweet dreams. After months of feeling this way, he decided to approach Mira, who was patient and kind as she explained everything to him. It was also Mira who thought of the picnic.

"Oh, this is a lovely sight !" He had brought her to the hilltop, his favourite place in this town.

"I know... Hey, wanna eat now ?"

"Okay !" Lucy grinned as she reached into the basket for a sandwich.

Natsu watched her closely, wondering what her reaction would be. He had spent hours figuring out what was the best way to form a sandwich, what the best combinations were, and even the best way to cut a sandwich into a triangle.

"Mmm, this is delicious !" Lucy commented with her mouth full. "Oops, sorry, that was rude." She instantly blushed a bit at her slip-up, which Natsu found adorable.

"I'm glad, I made the sandwiches." Natsu smiled at Lucy.

"Really ? They're amazing !"

"Yeah, you're amazing."

As soon as Natsu realised what he said, he flushed a bright red like a lobster while Lucy's cheeks were tinted pink.

"Thanks." Lucy said softly, and Natsu wasn't stupid, he instantly noticed the mood change.

"Hey Luce..."

"Mm ?"

"I do like you, you know."

He did it, he finally said it.

"I like you too Natsu." Lucy replied without much thought, and Natsu knew she was just saying it in a friendly way.

"No, I mean, I like you ! As in, like like !" Natsu said, frustrated.

Lucy paused, and she didn't say anything for a full long minute, which Natsu found agonizing.

Much to Natsu's surprise, Lucy kissed him lightly on the cheeks, and he found that he liked the feeling of her soft and supple lips on his face.

"I never thought you would like me, I thought I was the stupid one who pinned after you !" Lucy blurted out, her face bright red.

"Really ? "

"Yeah, really."

This time, it was Natsu who pulled Lucy in for a kiss, a real, long, and loving one.