Wrong Idea

HEY WONDERFUL PEOPLE. as promised, here's another chapter for this week :3 okay, so for future chapters, I'll have a comments and votes goal :D it's simple. as soon as the goal is hit ( early ), you get an early update :) if we don't hit the goal, it's okay, you still get your weekly updates. but as long as the goal is hit, you can even get your update within a day :D SO THE GOAL FOR THE NEXT CHPATER IS 310 VOTES & 120 COMMENTS. that's all. anyway, here's a longer chapter ! it's a oneshot :D do enjoy, and remember to vote and comment ! share it if you're really nice :) 

-

"Sigh, will he ever know how much I actually love him ?" Lucy asks no one, sighing. She plops her head on her desk, a dejected frown on her face.

"Who?" comes a stern voice, one that Lucy is all too familiar with.

"Erza... why are you here?"

"Just to check up on you, Lucy. Who ?" Erza asks, a curious expression on her face.

"Oh.. you know.." Lucy says, waving her hand.

"I don't suppose it's Natsu ?" Erza suggests, a smirk on her face.

"How did you know ?!" Lucy asks, surprised.

"Isn't it a little obvious ? I think everyone has an idea already."

"Everyone except him..." Lucy replies, disappointed.

"Aren't you going to confess?"

Natsu crouches outside Lucy's window. He was about to burst in when he heard Erza saying, "aren't you going to confess?" He froze, and decided to listen instead. Confess ? Lucy likes somebody ? Who ?

"I... don't know..." Lucy says.

"You should get things over and done with." Erza tells Lucy.

"True.. alright ! First thing in the morning tomorrow, I'll tell him ! As soon as he arrives in the guild !" Lucy shouts with determination.

"Good."

A guy in the guild ? Who could it be ? Natsu decides to arrive early tomorrow, just to find out who that mystery guy is.

-----------

The next morning, Lucy arrives at the guild, a happy smile on her face, hiding her nervousness. She sees Erza giving her a approving nod and a encouraging smile, and she smiles in return. Walking over to the table where Natsu is, Lucy pauses for a moment.

Walking towards me ? Could she like me ? Just as I like her ? Natsu thinks, eyeing Lucy as she walks towards the table.

"Ah, Gray ! Could I speak to you for a second ?" Lucy greets, smiling. ' Oh no... how could I fail ? '

"Sure !" the ice-mage answers, leading Lucy off to a corner.

Gray ?! Lucy likes stripper boy ? ! Anger wells up, and Natsu finds himself getting really pissed. He was sure it would be himself... for a few moments anyway. What does Lucy see in the ice bastard ? ! Isn't he a lot better than Gray ?

Lucy smiles at Gray and walks away to Erza. Natsu didn't know what overcame him, but he lunges forward to Gray, punching him right smack in the face.

"What the hell Natsu ?! "

"You bastard ! What does she see in you anyway ?" Natsu yells, kicking Gray.

Gray pucnhes back, before growling, " What does who see in me ?"

"How can she like you !?"

"What are you talking about Flamebrain?!"

"Natsu! Stop right there ! Why are you beating Gray up ?!" Lucy exclaims, rushing over.

"How can you like him?" Natsu snarls.

"Gray ?! I like Gray ?! Are you serious ?" Lucy splutters, indignant.

"You said you were going to confess to the guy early in the morning ! And you talked to Gray ! Pulled him aside !" Natsu yells.

"You were listening ? For your information, I was asking Gray for his opinion !" Lucy screeches.

"Opinion ? On what ?"

"On how to confess to you !" Lucy yells, all worked up.

"Yeah, because you're hopelessly in love with her, yet you never do anything." Gray chips in.

Natsu quietens down, a sheepish expression crossing his face. Lucy... likes him ?

"You... like me?" Natsu asks, a little hesitant.

"Isn't it obvious enough?"