Cave In

A/N: Another update! Hope you guys like this, it's full of fluff ehehe :) Vote and comment guys, I appreciate every vote and comment, and I read all of them as well ^^

-

-

-

"Mou Natsu, this is all your fault !" Lucy shrieked, and Natsu only looked at her sheepishly. Sighing, the celestial spirit mage sat down on the floor, wrapping her arms around herself.

They were on a job, as usual, with Happy as well, and it was actually pretty simple. All they had to do was to destroy a bandit camp that was at the top of the icy mountains. It would have taken less than a day, but somehow, in a twist of fate and Natsu's fists, they ended up stuck in a cave due to an avalanche.

"At least we finished the job !" Natsu said a little too cheerfully, and Lucy knew it was an attempt to placate her.

Lucy sighed, she really envied Happy right now. The blue exceed had gotten seperated from them in the avalanche and she knew that no doubt, Happy was eating fish near the fire in the village. Oh how she longed for a comfortable bed and a fire.

"Come on Luce, say something!"

"How can I when I'm freezing?" Lucy gritted her teeth as they chattered, wrapping her arms around herself. "You ate our only source of warmth, the fire!"

"Sorry, was hungry."

They sat in comfortable silence after that, and after a minute or so, Natsu spoke up again.

"Luce, come closer, I can warm you up."

"Fine."

Lucy scooted over, snuggling into Natsu's arms. Much to her surprise, Natsu looped his scarf around Lucy's neck and wrapped his arm around her.

"Your scarf!"

"It's fine, you're cold."

"You didn't offer it to me back then," Lucy pouted and Natsu only laughed.

"We weren't close back then."

They sat in silence again after that, only the sound of their breathing and the occasional movement could be heard. Natsu really was a human heater!

Lucy felt herself dozing off, her eyelids drooping and she yawned.

Natsu however, was rigid and he kept his body warm, but his eyes were fixated on the blonde. He noticed she was close to sleep and he adjusted himself to a more comfortable position.

"Goodnight Luce, sleep tight." Natsu said softly.

"Goodnight, Natsu. I love you."

Natsu almost jumped at that, he sank in disappointment as he realised that the blonde was barely awake and most likely delirious. She probably wouldn't remember this in the morning.

"I love you too." He murmured.

He kissed her forehead tenderly, smiling at the sleeping blonde.