Initiation

"Seriously can't we just say he's a lost boy, why do we have to go through all this I mean seriously?" I said traipsing after Courtney through the woods in the dark knowing that all theo hers were already there, with Lukas in tow. He didn't look comfortable at all, I told him not to worry and that all of them wre really nice guys, but I had warned them that they had ot be on their best behaviour because he was a relatively jumpy guy.

"Because we all went through it, this was our home, how can we not let him do it and still call him one of us" Courtney was leading the way when I already knew it off by heart. I hadn't told any of them about my dad, but I thought that I would one day. I just needed to write one more letter to him first. One more and then everything would be okay.

"Sophie?" LUkas grabbed my arm and I stopped walking and turned to him, he was looking into my eyes obviously frightened and I could see a glimmer of expectancy in his eyes. He looked down from my eyes and I realised he was glancing at my lips, awkwardly I pulled back away from him and smiled. Was it weird that although it felt wrong to get attention from him I also liked the feeling. I put it down to the fact that he was male, all girls felt flattered by mal attention, right?

"Stop smooching in the woods and get over here!" I heard Scott yell from somewhere behind some particularly thick birch trees, I grumbled something like an insult and heard Lukas' footsteps following me cautiously towards the place where he was about to meet him new friends.

We came into the clearing and I was surprised by how they had managed to make it look like something from the real movie of Peter Pan. There were twinkly lantern lights everywhere around the trees that I recognised from the tree house above, but I could have sworn they got broken when me and Scott were play fighting up there when we were about seven.

"I had my dad fix em for us, I said it was a special occasion" Scott looked sheepishly at the floor, I knew he didn't like the idea of me bringing another male into our group for him to content with, but he was doing it for me, and I was grateful to him for that. And this extra effort really proved how he valued my friendship, I couldn't helpt it, I was bursting with joy. I ran and jumped into his arms with a masive smile on my face.

"Oh Scott your so adorable you know that!" I kissed his cheek and he pretended to wipe it away moaning about girl cooties. I smiled and everyone laughed at our interaction. Even Lukas grimaced slightly.

I loved to see him smile. I winked to show him I caught the grin, he looked sheepish and stared at his feet.

"Everyone this is Lukas, Lukas this is everyone!" I couldn't help but feel cheery as they all enveloped him in their goodness. Courtney came up to me as Scott interrogated Lukas on what team he supported. Luckily Lukas said Manchester because else there would have been held up, that made Scott smile like he had found some long lost brother and pat his back hard almost making Lukas stagger forward.

"So, how did you meet this very handsome stranger?" So Courtney noticed how handsome he was too, I kept staring at him as I spoke to her, he was becoming more confident, I could feel their vibes channeling through him. Almost as if they were healing him.

"Well, actually it was the night I disappeared" I hadn't told anybody about my accident. They all knew I'd hurt my head because I'd fallen but they didn't know why or where, and for the majority of people I wanted it to stay that way.

"Oh yeah I remember, I was out looking for you half the night" I blushed, I had got the letter through telling me I had passed all my exams with flying colours. Hated had to replace my original because of the fact it was drenched in my blood and indecipherable.

"Well I was in the cemetery, down in one of the broken tombs and well I fell and cracked my head open" I was trying to out it bluntly, so that she'd ask enough questions so that I couldnt chicken out of telling her the whole truth.