Chapter 23

Skye's POV

I looked questionably at Sam, she just sighed and walked out the door, down the foam lined hallway. I apprehensively followed, as she walked I saw she was shorter then me by a good 6 inches, her hair was ashy white, and was cut around her head nicely, she was extremely small and had a models figure. Yet the way she walked it was almost as if she was on a tight rope, taking small inline steps.

We soon came to what I thought was a dead end but, Sam reached out pressing a invisible spot on the wall making it swing open silently, disappearing into the wall. She advanced, looking behind her and seeing as I was still in the doorway, rushed back and pulled me through the door.

I looked around in wonder to see that this room was the exact opposite of a mental institute, it was more like an ultimatum games room, there was a television that was the wall, like literally the wall was a television. The room was painted in lime green and chocolate brown. With a small kitchen taking up a corner of the room. There was every game console available legally beside the television/wall. There was cool Grey fuax leather couches strewn everywhere around the room. In the opposite corner of the kitchen there was a mini sorta gym with some weights and a treadmill. What kind of place is this?

Currently there was three guys sitting on the couch playing Halo screaming obscene profanity at the wall/TV, they seemed to be pretty into it.

Sam started out by coughing politely, that had no effect, then she cleared her throat loudly, nada, zip, then seeming to get really annoyed.

"HEY ALL YOU BUTTWIPES, the new girl is here" she screamed. That got one of the guys to look up, by the way his eyes were normal, and seeing me his eyes widened, he nudged the guy beside him,who followed the first guys line of vision, who nudges the last guy. Now all three of them were looking at me shocked.

Rather then looking timid, like I was feeling, I cocked my hip to the side, resting my hands on my hips, making my expression the ever practiced, 'one raised eyebrow'.

"Hello?" I stated, amused.

They stood as one, then jumped over each other to, i'm guessing introduce themselves. That utterly failed when they all toppled as one to the ground. Sam laughed. I had to chuckle.

Then trying to regain some of their dignity the stood up and poshly (?) dusted of their clothes.

"Smooth, My names Skye"

"Hey, my names Jeremy, this is Andy and Colton." the first guy, who apparently was Jeremy said gesturing to the two others behind him.

Jeremy was OK, he wasn't a show stopper, but maybe a show pause. He had red hair that stuck up all over the place, Andy and Colton both had black hair but they were totally not related.

I smiled nodding at each of them and looking them in the eye. I was already sizing them up, but I had a great disadvantage though I didn't know if they had mutant powers or not.

Then I blinked, as if brought back to reality I realized what my predicament is.

"Why the fu*k am I here?"

Jamie's POV

The plane was in a spinning nose dive.

We

were

die.

Those 5 words. Were going to be one of my last thoughts.

Everything then went into slow motion.

I saw the overhead compartments unlatch spilling baggage on us. I saw ms. Shanley get clubbed by a flying water bottle. I felt Quinn hug me tightly to his chest. One look in his eyes and I could read my fate. I heard screams and moans. Suddenly the lights of the plane went out. Pitch dark spinning to the earth. I reached up and found Quinn's face in the darkness, as if in instinct I kissed him passionately holding him close.

3

2

1

Impact.