Chapter 13

Shout-out to LuCiAn for guessing the answer to the second riddle first!

Anyways, I have a magor issue, I got all of 3 comments from the last chapter, I don't know exactly how to feel about that cuz like almost 1500 people have read the story. And I really need more incentive as to continue the story or not? I'm not saying you have to fan me or anything just a vote here and there would be greatly appreciated!

It was unanimous the choice is B!!!!!! which is kinda funny cuz I liked A more but, I let you decide!

PS. this song totally goes with this chapter 100% (I got this song from serval)

" Second Riddle is

I cannot be felt, seen or touched;

Yet I can be found in everybody;

My existence is always on debate;

Yet I have my own style of music.

What Am I?"

Kathy's POV

My head snapped up, I know that riddle somewhere, hmm, it seems, VERY familiar, its just on the tip of my tongue. Ugh.

"The answer is a soul" Tiffany voice whispered. My gaze focused on her. She returned my gaze, almost, looking, guilty? Wonder why.

Soul, of course that was the answer it was one of the reasons, I was at this school. mirrors, are amazing poets, I was at a poetry slam, the summer after grade 10, and was having this fierce competition with this one guy, so on the spot I composed a poem about soul, literally, it was, darkness, meets light, ice meets fire. It was the best poem ever to be spoken from my lips. After I totally slammed my opponent by a landslide, he came to me afterward, telling me about this school. You get the rest.

That guy was peter, he was working as a scout that summer from doing some troublemaker the semester before. Ironically. We became a couple a moth later.

My stare returned to Ms. Shanley she looked pleased. She nodded once again.

"the last riddle is. When you have me, you feel like sharing me. But, if you do share me, you don't have me. What am I?"

nothing, my stupid brain came up with nothing, I looked at Jenna, her face was as blank as mine. I looked at peter, Jake, Alex, and Dylan. All their face were blank. Tiffany looked stressed, like, her expression looked weird, like she was having an internal battle or something. But I could tell she has nothing. I was starting to worry now. Skye, her expression perfectly neutral, but under all the prefaces looked pale.

"Any one have anything?" my voice was quiet. Their expressions answered my questions. I was starting to panic. Suddenly Ms. Shanley peppy voice broke through my thoughts.

"5 min. is up!" her fingers once again flickered, and once again Mr. Henry, looking at us apologetically, tapped Skye on the shoulder with the pole.

This time she twitched for a good 30 before she stopped moving, but she didn't open her eyes. SHE DIDNT OPEN HER EYE'S. She was alive. By the shallow rise and fall of her chest.

I called her name, loudly, she didn't answer, she was unconcoiuos.

we all stood frozen in place as I called sky's name over and over again. Louder and louder. Until I was screaming at a level that was way beyond the range of human ears. My concern turned to anger.

"what the hell do you think you are accomplishing by hurting Skye like this?" I said quietly. Coldly.

"I am only needing the last riddle answer to let Skye go"

"WE DONT NOW THE ANSWER"

"maybe so but you must look upon yourselves to find the answer"

"what the hell is Th-" I was rudely interrupted

"SHUT UP" Tiffany screamed. Her voice, I had never heard her scream. It scared me a little bit. So I reluctantly shut up.

What happened next was surprising. After I had shut up. She stared at ms. Shanley a look of pure concentration crossing her face.

Me, Alex and peter GASPED, as her power slammed into our mirror senses, I easily overcame the need to imitate.

Tiffany was trying to read ms. Shanley's mind. And ms Shanley must have had some strong mental barriers up. It was an unspoken battle. Back and forth between the two. Suddenly Shanley let out a sigh as Tiffany stepped back, now looking as pale as Skye.

"A Secret the answer is A secret."she whispered, frailly, as Dylan comforted her. My focus now entirely on Shanley she look surprised and a little glad.

"That is correct, our session is officially over"

"what about Skye?"

she raised her eyebrows, she turned towards Skye

"Skye the session is over, you can stop the act" and what happened next confused me.

Suddenly skye's eye's snapped open, she slipped her hands out of the rope, reached down the front of her shirt, pulling out a pocket knife, pulled herself up cutting the rope around her ankles, dropping down to the floor free of her bonds.

"Hey" she said quietly, she was once again the picture of health. Her paleness was disappearing, but there was a sad look in her eyes.