Chapter 9

I slowly closed the door to the indoor training field. My pulse was racing, from the long run, I had just had to get here. My head hurt, with all the conflicting emotions. I scoped out the interior finding no one else here I quickly walked over to the wall of lockers. After changing into some sweats and and a t shirt. I grabbed some gloves, flicked on my iPod setting to non lyrical music (song's without words, more like random, fast paced baselines.) and started to expel my emotions into the punching bag. My moves going in time to the music. I started to funnel the rejection, the psychological pain, and overall reaction. into my arms.

My mind kept repeating flashes, flashes, of Jake, when he saw the ribbon around his wrist, when, last year, he told me to fuck off, when to told me that I deserved to have Jace break my arm, when he kissed me before the assembly.

Jake, Jake, Jake. My mind was reeling, I had once depended on him, he beat up the guys who broke my heart, and there were many, I even had a picture in my room, it was taken when we were 5 or 6, I was on the ground crying, with a skinned knee, and Jake, looking worried and tried to comfort me. I still looked at the picture and felt an ache in my chest.

All of that was ruined, because he told me to go away, to go be a loner somewhere else. That I was 'pimping his style'. And that was why I had become so good at physical things, because I didn't cut myself or torture my body, or eat ice cream all day. I turned self reliant. I turned into a cold heated bitch. A hot, smart, shrewd. Cold-heated bitch.

And it was all because of my soul mate, Jake.

During all the thinking I was in tune to the music, my feet following a complex set of steps as I punched and kicked the bag. I felt my adrenaline pump through my veins, my arms were growing sore, but I didn't care, soon my wrists were bloody from where the gloves chaffed them, I didn't care. The pain was a welcome relief to what was going on inside my head.

I paused after about an hour. After I could barley lift my arms. I pulled of the gloves. Paused my iPod and turned around.

I wasn't that surprised to see Jake sitting there. I ignored him and went to go change back.. after changing back and wiping the punching bag down with bleach, I finally turned around and looked at Jake.

He hadn't moved, he was just staring at me, a sad expression on his face. I walked in frot of him sitting cross legged about 3 feet away.

"we need to talk"i stated simply. Coolly.

"yeah, we do,"

"what were you sorry about?"

a confused look came over his perfect face.

"right before you kissed me to day you said you were sorry, what where you sorry about?"

"oh, look Skye I know I was a huge prick last year about telling you off, and then later telling you, you deserved a broken arm, and, I, guess I was pissed, because of Jace, and him liking you, and you liking him back, I was jealous, and telling you off, I did it because Nicole told me to, and I regret it every day."

I looked at him, he was apologizing, for real. And he looked sad. I stared into his eye's looking for any signs of betrayal or lies. His eyes only told the truth. He flinched away from my stare.

"Skye, why do you do this to yourself?" he said, gesturing to the still slightly swaying punching bag, and the bloody rag in my hands. So I decided to tell him the truth. The painful truth.

"I do this because of you Jake, before you told me off, and for some girl at that, I was starting to like you more then a brother Jake, I was falling in love with you" my voice was emotionless "and when you totally chose that blond manipulating bimbo, Nicole, over me, the friend you have had since we were 5. that changed me inside. In not going to let it simmer and sit waiting for a slight agitation to set it off. And it's not my body's fault that my mind is hurting, so I train, and train, and study and study. Jace helped me as a distraction but it was only on the outside. The only 2 people I could talk to were my brothers, but they were always excited and happy, so I didn't want to rain on their parade. Working out is the only way to relieve stress for me. And it works. So I have to thank you in some messed up way because I needed this to move on, and now having you as a soul mate is like rubbing salt on the wound. Because I need someone to be there when I shatter,because I will, I need some one to pick up my pieces and put me back together again. And move on. And I know that will be you Jake, because this partnership runs way back. But I need to trust you first and thatch going to take some time." I finished my little spiel and sat back taking in his shocked expression.

God that felt good to get of my chest.

Jake's POV

I stared at her, she was tired and sore and pissed. And I realized that some part of that was my fault. I had hurt her. Bad. And she forgave me, because she knew that in the long run this is going to work out and that she needed to move on. I was shocked, I could have never had that much self reliance.

She sat their in her jeans and slightly ruffled shirt, she had on no make up, and her white hair was pulled back. I had never seen anything more dutiful in my life. And her eyes they were glowing with anger and understanding. She slowly got to her feet padded over and sat down beside me, my eyes following her every move.

At the assembly when I felt that shock and those slim fingers shaking tie the ribbon around my wrist I knew it was instantly her. Without a doubt. But I felt disgust, disgust at myself for getting such a girl, she deserved way better then me. And when the lights flicked on I tried to hide my disgust at my own self, but she must have misinterpreted and thought I was disgusted at her. That was why she ran, I instinctual ran after her, I let her expel it on the punching bag, her grief,sorrow,pain. I know I had caused it all. I would never forgive myself. And here she was forgiving me. I didn't believe in coincidences but fate sure was screwed up around here.

I held out my arms and she climbed into my lap. She laid here head against my shoulder, we just sat like that for sometime.

"I am really sorr-" my line was cut of as her lips tenderly pressed against mine. I kissed her back. Her arms snaking around my shoulders, her figures in my hair. I pulled her close to me. The kiss was filled with love and forgiveness and promise and overall goodness. There was nothing lustful about it. It was just new and enticing and lovely.