Chapter 8

Directly across from me was,

Jake

I instantly thought I had veered of track maybe walked a little to far left, my internal rambling stopped when I saw his right hand twitch, and on his right wrist was a ribbon. A blood red ribbon, a ribbon Identical to the one around my own wrist.

The silence was, deafening, you could hear a pin drop, it was so quiet.

I turned on my heel and ran, the expression on Jake's face, it was disgust, and regret. I let the tears, run down my face.

I ran fast, out of the gym, past the waiting students, waiting to see who was stuck with who. I ran fast. I heard Addison call out my name in concern. I ran faster, past the dorms, past the classrooms.

I need to get away, I need to expel my emotions, I started to run towards the nearest training building, hoping, praying it was empty.

Jamie's POV

my second ribbon was still clutched in my hand. My soul mate wasn't one of these guys. I considered myself lucky. As the lights switched on I looked down the line of guys, my relief at around peter's wrist was a green ribbon matching Kathy's, the joy imminent on both their faces. But it was silent. Dead silent. My eyes gravitated to Skye, directly across from her was, GASP, Jake, the Jake that had hurt Skye, the school player.

Suddenly Skye ran past me tears running down her face. She ran strait out the door not saying a word, after a heartbeat Jake ran after her I gave him my most piercing glare. Poor Skye, she deserved so much better.

As if that exit jolted everyone aware, the teachers had all disappeared, they were literally no where in sight. Not a lot of the guys had ribbons actually had ribbons, but the ones that did looked relieved. Strangely. I looked at Quinn, nope, no ribbon. I sighed. he really was a hottie.

I wonder how this is going to work out. Because hell, the games were 6 months away and the only person with enough training is Skye, but I think her emotional problems are just beginning.