Chapter 18

Sunday went by uneventful. When Monday came around, I was less than ready for school. Even though I wasn't pleased at getting up at seven in the morning, I got dressed and ate for school.

I can't believe I just started here last week. I made great friends really quickly, and they were great friends. I also got myself into a sick twisted love story. I guess that's what teenage life is like.

Anyways, I got on the bus and sat in front of this skinny, blonde girl named Maeve. She was in my homeroom, very nice girl, normally hung out with a girl named Marcelia.

"Hey." She said shy and quietly.

"Um Hi." I said awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

"I'm not sure if you knew, but I'm in your homeroom." She says, trying to become my friend.

"Oh yeah, don't you hang out with Marcelia?" I asked.

"Yeah, we kind if got into a fight, but I like to forgive and forget so it's all cool." She replied.

We talked for the rest of the bus ride to school, and I found myself making yet another friend; I didn't want another friend though.

I already had enough friends. About a group of people was enough for me. Even though I was popular in California, I can't even imagine having more than fifteen friends. Too many friends means to many risks of people finding out my secret.