Chapter 6

FRIDAY

I walked into school with Jake right next to me on Friday. We walked through the halls not caring about anyone but ourselves. He made me laugh so much. Finally when I got to my homeroom, he hugged me goodbye and said he would see me later. I walked in and sat at my assigned seat right next to Brendon.

First, there was silence. Then, Brendon started rambling on about how sorry he was and how it had been a mistake and he will never do that again if I forgive him. He finished his begging for forgiveness by being on his knees. Part of me wanted to just kiss him and start having butterflies about him once again but I knew he broke my heart to deep so I had to lock it up so no one could touch it.

"You are forgiven." I say quietly and then turn my body forward and away from him. To be honest, he looked like he was about to cry.

"Please Amanda, don't do this to me, I really really like you and we could be something great and-" Brendon was cut off by Jake walking in.

"Hey!!! I forgot to give you your sweatshirt from yesterday! Sorry, I forgot I had it!" Jake said with another one of his half smiles I adored.

Brendon's face just boiled. I went and talked to Jake standing near the door. The next thing I did was out of no where. I kissed Jake miller, and with every second I poured my heart into it more and more.

I finally pulled away after 15 seconds and Jake was at a loss for words. I told him that I would talk to him at lunch and said goodbye. Before I turned around to see Brendon's reaction, I saw Emily mouth "What the hell is going on?" I mouthed that I would tell her later and she nodded.

I turned around to see Brendon standing up with fist clenched and a red face. He was staring at the door were Jake stood and I could almost see the fire come out of his eyes. The bell rung for first period and I walked away from Brendon with a smirk knowing I got Him back for his actions.