Fish Out Of Water

Chapter One THURSDAY

(Amanda)

It was my first day at this new school in a small city called West Wales, the school was a junior high that contained average seventh, eight and ninth graders; at least that's what I thought.

I walked into Reading,which was my first period, and the teacher, Mrs. Marms gave me a warm welcome as soon as I walked in the door. She introduced me to the class and gave me my seat. Looking around I saw a blonde , skinny looking girl named Fantasia next to me, a carrot topped girl behind me named Grace behind me, and a brunette guy named Brendon. Wow, Brendon.... He was really adorable! Brendon was a brunette, dressed in a green sports shirt, jeans, and Nike shoes.

After all the introductions, we started working on a mini-project about something we loved to do. Mrs. Marms said we had to wright two paragraphs about something we love and why we love it. In twenty minutes everyone completed there rough draft, so Mrs. Marms suggested to read it to a person near you. Next thing I knew, Brendon whirled around in his chair and with a cheeky smile said

" Hi! I'm Brendon, wanna work together?"

"Sure." I managed to get out without stuttering "What do you love?"

The brunette stud looked at his paper and replied back "I really love Baseball and Football, mostly any sports I love. How about you new girl, what do you love?"

I was about to say "You" when I stopped myself and said "Oh, swimming is my passion, I'm a junior Olympian."

"That's so co-" Brendon said before the bell cut him off "Oh their's the bell! Well I'll see you later Amanda!"

"Bye Brendon." I said with a minuscule wave and a shy smile. This was going to be a fantastic school year