Chapter 14

English

When I arrived at English, I thought I went to the wrong classroom. I was a little but early, so I was the first one to the room. The doors were locked and the lights were off. A blonde girl, I think her name is Ellise came up to me.

"Hey! I'm Ellise, I'm just here to tell you a couple things about our class. First, Brent Kantz and Chris Lamon are popular but annoying, so don't talk to them to much. Stay away from Mike Bailers, and Vincent Thorns, talking to them is like social suicide. Everyone else is pretty chill in this class." She said smiling.

I laughed and thanked her. "So why are we all standing out in the hallway, anyways" I ask.

"Well Mrs. Snakinson is normally late to class, and she doesn't leave her door unlocked so we just chill out here." She replies.

As soon as Ellise said that, Mrs. Snakinson came rushing through the hallway and let everyone into the classroom.

"Well hello class!" Mrs. Snakinson said in a booming voice, " I am aware we have a new student here named Amanda."

I waved to everyone with a bright smile on my face. Mrs. Snakinson pointed to my seat across from an Indian girl, named Simran, and behind Brendon. I wasn't at all surprised how my seat was close to Brendon because it has happened in all classes I've had with him.

Mrs. Snakinson soon started the lesson and told us how we are going to read The Giver, by Louis Lowery. I glanced over at Ellise, and I saw her roll her eyes playfully. I laughed a little, and Mrs. Snakinson heard me, smiled a bit, and didn't call me out which I was thankful for.

I quickly became friends with Simran and Chris was fun to talk to too, Brendon was there, but I talked to him at the minimum. The rest of the class was just Mrs. Snakinson cracking jokes and Simran and I chattering about stupid stuff. I think English with Mrs. Snakinson is my favorite class.