[40] Reassurance (Prinxiety)

Original: October 10, 2017

July 8, 2018
I didn't change anything here.
TW: Mentions of cutting?

Virgil's POV

How long has it been? One day? Two days? One week? I can't tell since the voices are eating my thoughts away, slowly driving me into insanity.

They won't believe you, and you know it.

Your just a pathetic excuse of a side.

Your a disorder.

Disorder.

DISORDER!

I tried to shake these thoughts away, hoping and—dare I say it—praying to the Lord God All Powerful, hoping that he will help me through this situation.

I stalked outside to check on the others. Logan was there so I walked up to him and asked, "Am I really that useless?"

Logan furrowed his eyebrows and said, "Now why would you think of that, Virgil?"

"I don't know, my mind has been giving me these thoughts lately."

"Oh, your fine, Virgil. You're just overreacting, that's all. Nothing to worry about," Logan said, waving me off and leaving to do whatever he does.

See, he doesn't believe you.

Told you so.

I bet Patton doesn't even notice.

I numbly walked towards the kitchen to see a happy Patton there, making cookies as usual. His cheery expression made my mood ten times worse than it was already.

"Hey there, kiddo! Is there anything I can do for you?" He asked, still having his focus onto making the cookie dough.

"Do you think that I'm worth it?"

"Of course, Virgil! Why would you think of that?! Is it that time of month again where you have your monthly existential crisis? Not to worry, here! Have some cookies, don't worry, I can make more," and with that, Patton completely turned his back to me.

I sighed. 'At least Patton gave me some cookies.'

I walked into my room, hoping that everything would be okay by tomorrow or the next week.

Third POV

Things were not doing well with Virgil the next week. He hasn't gone out of his room, make videos with the other sides and Thomas, come out and eat, and interact with any of them in general.

"Where's Virgil?" Thomas asked, clearly concerned for his own anxiety.

"Not to worry about him, Thomas. He's having that time of month again."

"Yup, kiddo. He'll stay inside his room and think about stuff. At least, that's what he tells me he does."

"Precisely, he also might be 'overreacting' and trying to get the attention of the people. Anyway, back to the issue..."

The subject was completely forgotten after that. Roman lingered on to it for a bit before reluctantly letting it go. For now.

Princey decided that he will go and talk to the others after a few days. Maybe he can knock some sense into the two other sides.

At Virgil's side of the story, he's been breaking. Slowly, but surely. He made sure to steer clear of the others at all costs. Thomas has been summoning him a lot more often since but he didn't bother appear.