[25] Kill Me (Logicality)

Original: September 16, 2017

July 5, 2018
;-; My mom registered me for an entrance exam for senior high and I am not ready. I didn't change a thing, by the way.

Logan's POV

I came out of my room after tidying up my things. Honestly, I can't believe that I haven't noticed all the mess I've been creating.

I walked towards the common room to see my boyfriend, Morality, or better known as Patton. He walked up to me, and said, "Hey, Logan! What's up?"

"Uhh, the ceiling? Why would you ask that question? I've been getting off topic. Anyway, how have you been doing? Has Virgil been getting any better?"

Virgil has been becoming a bit... depressed... He hasn't been taking good care of himself, and Patton, being the ultimate dad character and persona, felt like he needed to step in. He only eats when Virgil eats, and that's really rare.

I can feel my cardiac muscle tense. Seeing both Patton and Virgil go through this makes me want to cry, and I did-just not openly.

Patton's face turned serious and sorrowful, but said, "I'm alright, just been eating a few chips."

"Virgil's eating again?"

"No, he only ate two pieces."

"Oh, I see. I hope the best of luck for the both of you. I surely hope that you are keeping yourself safe as well?"

"Yeah, see ya, Logie!"

Dang, still got that effect on me. I thought as I walked to the kitchen and got myself a cup. I drank all the water, washed it, and walked back to my room to reread "Heroes of Olympus: Mark of Athena" by Rick Riordan.

Good book, I tell you.

-le time skip-

I finally finished the book, again. I groaned, seeing as I have read the other books for countless of times. I got up and looked outside my window to find out its evening.

How long was I reading?!

I walked out of my room and into the common room to see Patton in the middle, shaking and crying his eyes out.

I rushed to his side, and hugged him. Though, I am not one for personal contact, Patton is a hugger. So, when I hugged him, he gave me a bone crushing hug.

He cried, but I understood some things he said.

"I-I f-failed h-hi-im. I failed him, Logan! I did!"

"Calm down, Patton. Please tell me what's going on," I say, trying to keep the panic of my voice.

"H-He t-tried again, L-Logan. I-I've fa-ailed h-him..."

It finally dawned me.

Oh.

Oh.

Oh.

Oh.

He was talking about Virgil.

"What do you mean, Patton?"

"He's in the hospital again..." He stated. He stopped stuttering moments ago when it finally hit me.

"What did he do?!"

"He tried t-to c-commit s-s-suicide," he said, before breaking down again. I pulled him closer to my chest, as he said, "I-I've failed him, Logan! I was supposed to be his father! Some s-stupid f-father I am! I w-wasn't there to be for him!"

From then, he started ranting all about the things he's done wrong. I felt irritated by how negatively he was thinking about himself, so I kissed him.

When he quieted down, I finally said, "Patton, I know this is a rough patch for you-heck, it's a rough patch for all of us, especially Roman. You know how he is, wanting to save his 'beloved emo prince'. But, sometimes we have to face the fact that things don't go the way we want it to go. It's merely inevitable."

"I-I know, but I could've been there, you know? He passed by me a while ago, and I didn't bother ask if he was okay. Turns out he wasn't," Patton said, chuckling sadly at that thought.

"I think you need to sleep this off, Patton. If not for me, then for Virgil. He needs you strong, Patton. He wouldn't want to see you broken, after all, you are his dad."

"I suppose so. But what about dinner-"

"I'll make the dinner. You need to go to sleep," I said, giving him a face that probably says 'do it or I will make you'.

He sighed, giving up, and started to walk for the stairs. I also sigh an head for the kitchen.

This is really hard on us, especially Patton. But I know that whatever he is going through, I'll be there beside him.

No matter what.