Chapter 44 - I promise...(Part 1)

Sarah, how can I not dedicate a chapter to you near the end of the story you helped create and stay on track - it would have derailed a long time ago if it weren't for your stable guidance. Thank you for being an amazing support for FKBP <3

___________________________________________________________

The hug was over before it began, stressing the need for urgency I sensed in Ary. I could feel the nervous tension flowing through his body, and his locked jaw was a dead giveaway. I thought he would explain my sister’s call to me, but I was wrong.

“Boys still in the game room?” he asked Annie, and she nodded. “Tell them we need to leave…now. I’ll join them in a minute.” I had never seen Annie run as fast as she did then.

What boys? He planted a fierce kiss to my forehead and rushed out of the room. The phone call that had set my alarm bells ringing. It had been Vidhi on the phone, and she had been in trouble. I followed Ary out, calling after him. I rushed to the game room where the ‘boys’ were. I was shocked to find Jai, Sam, GG, and even Harry huddled together with Aryan, near a snooker table. Annie stood to the side, gathering all the strewn papers from the table into a business case.

“What’s happening here?” I asked, surprised to find my friends up to something without me.

All heads turned, and everyone scattered a bit to let Aryan step forward.

“It’s nothing, Div. Sam had this crazy idea that somehow my…Vanya was connected to Devil’s den,” he offered as an explanation, pursing his lips.

Sam snorted. “Your mother is involved Aryan. She is a bloody bitch who doesn’t deserve-”

“Sam…” I snapped seeing Ary flinch.

“He is right,” said Ary, dejected. His shoulders slumped, and I felt the rage within me bubble to the surface. “We just tracked her mobile to Devil’s den.”

“Why is she at Devil’s den?” I asked, stepping into the room. “Is my sister in trouble, Ary?

“No, no. She is on her way home with your parents,” he said.

I stood shocked as his words registered. My feet lost its strength, and I grabbed the table. Aryan was instantly by my side, holding me up against him.

“Div, don’t worry about her. She is fine.” He hesitated, and I looked at him, a sense of dread settling in my stomach. “It’s Daniel we should worry about. Vidhi got a call from him saying he is being held at Devil’s den.”

Oh my God!

“What do they want with him? Money? Why are they holding him?” I asked, hoping someone would answer.

“We don’t know Div. Vidhi doesn’t either. That’s all Daniel could say before his call disconnected. She was hysterical on the phone,” Ary explained, his face tensed.

“Enough chit-chat. We’ve to go, Aryan,” reminded Sam none too gently, stuffing a handgun into the back of his jeans.

“You’ve got a gun,” I pointed out stupidly, and he smirked.

“We run nightclubs darling, what do you think?” He shook his head, exasperated at my observation skills.

“We should call the cops,” said Annie quietly, and everyone turned to look at her as if she were mad.

“Sweetheart, cops are busy manning a minister’s rally somewhere. Trust me, we’ll get him out of there before the cops even blink.” Jai said, squeezing her shoulder.

“But, you could call your dad and let him know,” she suggested.

“I just did. He’ll get the cops, but said it’ll take time - time that we don’t have,” he reminded, and everyone nodded.