Chapter 28 - A touch of bittersweet memories

Dedicated to the one who made the most stunning trailer FKBP could ever have. Thank you Ash for granting me a wish :) Ashutosh's talent is not limited to weaving magic with the trailers but is a master magician with words as well. So please check out his works. His poetry will take you to a far-away fantasy land  :)

_____________________________________________

“Oh for heaven’s sake, Ary, will you lie still for a minute?” I said, swatting his hand away.

“Its too hot, Div,” he complained, shaking his leg to displace the hot water bag I had placed on it.

“Really?” I glared at him, holding the bag in between my palms for a minute. “Now, stop fussing!” I held his foot to keep it steady.

“Ouch!” he cried, and I rolled my eyes.

“This is your good foot, silly!” I said, tapping it lightly before placing the bag under the injured one. “Keep still, Ary. You need to do this to get the swelling down - doctor’s orders, not mine. Your cast is supposed to come off tomorrow.” I informed him. He nodded.

“Doc will be here in the evening,” he said, staring at his bandaged leg. I followed his gaze to take in the white plaster wrapped around his calf. I bit my lower lip and trailed my fingers along the cast to the swollen foot. “I am fine, Div. You’ve seen the x-rays; it’s just a hairline fracture. I’m able to walk. So, you can stop looking like I’m maimed,” he chuckled, and I glared at him.

“What’s that huge crutch for? Decoration?” I snapped, and he grinned.

“I like when you get all snappy at me. Your cute nose reddens and crinkles, right here....” His index finger tapped the bridge of his nose.

I pursed my lips, trying hard not to crack a smile. Just a look from him could make me smile, sing, or even shriek like a banshee. The delectable six foot frame of his was stretched languorously on the couch. I squirmed on my seat next to him.

I don’t like when you so blatantly change the topic!” I tucked my legs underneath me, straightened my shoulders, and folded my arms.

“Is that your new passive-aggressive battle stance?” He teased, the devilishly handsome grin well settled over his lips.

“Would you rather I kick your bed-ridden butt?” I challenged, tightening my locked arms, so I wouldn’t accidently knock his head with them.

“You look hot when you threaten me with bodily harm, Div! For future reference, my butt would love the privilege of getting kicked by those sexy legs of yours,” he chuckled, reaching out to draw me close.

“Shut up, Ary!” I scooted away, but for the life of me, couldn’t stop myself from blushing.

His arms were longer than I imagined; they grabbed me and pulled me forward. I tumbled against his tee-covered chest none too gently. But I liked where I landed so I adjusted my legs on the couch next to him, making sure I didn’t hurt his swollen foot. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me tight in a bear hug. I rested my cheek on his chest, and we soon settled into a comfortable silence, his heartbeat the only rhythm I heard.

“Div.” I felt my name rumble out of his chest, and I smiled.

“Hmm,” I murmured, snuggling closer into his warmth.

“Div,” he dragged my name out in a slow whisper, and I could feel his lips curve into a smile above my head.

“Hmmm,” I hummed to match his tone, and he laughed lightly before placing a kiss on my hairline.