Chapter 15 - Waking up the mind to a hearty dream

The picture to the right is FKBP's first fan art by Shivani Vohra. She is a fab writer too. Check out her stories. I just love the pic. Thank you so much Shivani.

______________________________________________________________

“I want to ride the Hell-raiser, Ary!” I crossed my arms and pouted at Aryan. I might have stomped my foot on the gravel-stoned sidewalk too. I loved that bike more than he did and thank God he did not know that. Hell-raiser was the only thing he was possessive about. If only it were red.

“Aha, no can do! No one touches this baby but me, pigtails,” he shook his head, his crew cut and white tee, making him look like a trainee marine.

He hated cutting his hair short, but he had to follow the school rules. He sat straddling his green bike that was his sole pride and joy. He kept the engine roaring waiting for me to pillion ride to the theatre. But I was adamant I wanted to ride it. He visibly balked at the idea of handing over his precious Hell-raiser to a thirteen year old. The fact that I was a girl made no difference to him. I frowned. I was just his best buddy.

Even at seventeen, he was a charming devil but I was confident I could charm him into letting me ride Hell-raiser. I smiled sweetly. His small eyes widened.

“No, no, no! Not that smile.” He shook his index finger at me, an answering smile growing on his smooth face, just the hint of a dimple appearing on his left cheek.

“Please Ary, you wouldn’t say no to a girl, would you?” I sing-sang in a voice I had heard many of his groupies use around him.

“Aaahh!” He threw his head back for a second before bringing it back down to look straight into my eyes. “When you say it like that...” he whispered in a husky voice that was so put on I almost gagged.

Aryan saw me shudder and threw his head back and guffawed clutching his flat tummy. I grew angry and grabbed the keys from the ignition. Before I could lift it off, his hand closed over mine, and his eyes narrowed. His cheeks flushed from laughter.

“I wouldn’t do that, girl!” he emphasized my gender and looked pointedly at my chest. He knew I was sensitive about that underdeveloped part of mine and yet he continued to tease me about it.

“Hey!” I snapped my fingers at him. “I’m up here, bud!”

He smirked. “Of course you are. There’s nothing there,” he said, his hand pointing to my flat chest.

I hit him hard, and the idiot didn’t even flinch; instead he guffawed even more, showing his pearly whites shining brighter against the drowning orange of the sunset.

“You could never booby-trap a guy with those, pigtails,” he continued taunting between his fits of laughter.

“I hate you,” I hissed through my teeth, narrowing my big amber eyes at him.

“No, you don’t,” he stated confidently; his hazel ones lightened even more with amusement.

His eyes stayed on mine for a second longer than they usually did, and my breathing became shallow. Then slowly, ever so softly, his gaze roamed over my features, and I sucked in a sharp breath. At the sound, his eyes quickly found mine, and he visibly let out a breath as if he had been holding on to his own too.

“Seriously pigtails, when are you going to grow a pair?” he asked softly, his eyes lowering and it took a moment for me to realize that he was back to teasing me.