Chapter 3 - Algo, my annoying little alter ego!

I tugged a pair of shorts, an inch at a time, over my long legs, annoying the heck out of the voice in my head.

You are doing this on purpose. Quit stalling, she cried. I could feel her pout, which brightened my heart. She was annoying and wouldn't quit even when I begged her to, so now I fully intended to return the favor. I grinned and pulled on a black top over my head. Then I reached for a hand brush and, as languorously as I could, let it comb through my chocolate brown tresses. I had shoulder-length hair and brushing it took less than a minute for me...usually. Since it was payback time, I faked a more elaborate ritual of lovingly styling it.

The voice in my head and I have a history of long conversations. She speaks..a lot and I shoot her down repeatedly. Thankfully, no one other than Annie knows about my conversations in my head or else I would be rotting in some mental asylum by now.

You can't fool me. When was the last time you held a brush for so long? She pouted some more.

"I am saving you from getting thrashed by Annie, you fool. Keep eyeing her Sam, and soon she will gouge your pretty amber eyes, my alter ego."

Is that why you safely like Dean?

"I do not!" I threw down the comb and glared at myself in the mirror. "I don't care for him or his wisecracks," I stated firmly in my head.

Mirror Mirror on the wall, I was definitely not the prettiest of them all at the moment. My big almond-shaped eyes looked rounder with anger, creases lined my broad forehead, my oval-shaped face looked puffed up and my chubby cheeks were turning a shade of pink I hated. Ugh!

The annoying little pest chuckled; You are angry! Pfft! It would be convincing if you could at least tone down that blush.

I instantly framed my cheeks with my hands to cover the pink creeping into my face. Argh! Stupid blush!

I wrenched open the door and stormed out of the bathroom yelling, "I don't like Jensen. I don't like his...his adorable face or his cute dimples."

Annie sprung up on the bed with a bag of chips in one hand and a remote in the other. Fighting confusion at my sudden outburst, her eyes widened with fear.

"Jensen? Ohh! Dean you mean. Did he attack you in there?" She dropped the chips and held onto the remote with both her hands as if she were wielding a sword in a fight.

"What...no! Why would he....give me that remote." I grabbed the remote out of her hands. Pointing it at the television, I repeatedly jabbed at the stop button.

Torturing a remote! Very mature Div! I refused to acknowledge her jibe.

"We are not watching Sam or Dean anymore. And how did you think Dean, a character in a show, attacked me in the bathroom? And if it were true, what were you planning to do brandishing a remote like that?" I waved the remote around as she did. "Make Dean watch Supernatural episodes till he fainted?"

"He could have." Her thin lips puffed up into a pout. I shook my head. My friend looked adorable, but that was beside the point. "I won't be able to sleep if I don't see Sam." She sulked, pushing her lower lip further out in an outrageously childish pout.

"You won't be able to even if you do." I pointed out, patting her on her head. She sighed, smiled dreamily, and fell back on the bed. Her dark brown eyes looked glazed as she slid away into a Sam-induced daze.

I grabbed a pillow off my bed and threw it at her. "Move on little missy. Your Sam time is over."

"What bit your behind?" She glared.