Chapter 40 - Ayesha, the girl with the red tears

Thank you Isa for reading and supporting FKBP and for loving Aryan and Divi :-)

___________________________________________________________

Seated outside Aryan’s old room and resting my head against the wall, I recalled every bit of what he had said, and I felt his pain as if it were my own. I couldn’t imagine my mom not loving me; I would die if she ever told me that she hated me. She was my silent strength - the glue that quietly held our family together. Not once, had she raised her voice against Vidhi; she had indeed lost her will to speak – so absolute was her sorrow. My heart clenched at the thought of Annie and Aryan growing up not knowing what it was to be loved unconditionally by someone. It was indeed a miracle that despite everything they had turned out as caring individuals who were full of love and compassion.

Resisting the urge to rush into Aryan’s arms, I dug out my phone from my pocket and called Sam. He picked up instantly.

“Yup!” He sounded as impatient as ever.

“Sam, it’s me, Divi…”

“Are you with Aryan?” He asked immediately.

“Yeah…”

“How is he?”

“Crushed, but standing…well kind of…”

“That bitch got to him, finally!” He cursed.

“She told him categorically that she hated him. You were right, Sam. She had deliberately sent him away,” I informed him, squeezing my eyes shut.

There was pin drop silence on the other end. I was about to disconnect and call back, when I heard him curse softly.

“How is he holding up?” he asked, concerned.

“He is drunk,” I said.

“How many bottles did he have?” I frowned at Sam’s question.

“Half a bottle, according to him.”

“He isn’t drunk then. He’ll puke though,” he informed me.

What’s with half the bottle?

“He already did.”

“He’ll be fine then. Just give him lots of water to drink and put him to bed. By bed, I mean sleep, Divi,” he cackled, and I rolled my eyes.

“Shut the f’ up, Sam!”

He laughed harder, and I smiled, despite myself.

“Hey, he’ll be fine, don’t worry,” he said, softly. “You’re all he needs, and he knows it, the lucky ba$tard!”

“Sam….” I didn’t know how to respond to his sudden generosity.

“Let me go and dig up some dirt on the ice queen. It’s time to stuff her up someplace the sun don’t shine,” he said, and hollered.

The line went dead, and I sat staring at it for a while before I stood up. I frowned at Aryan’s door that was slightly ajar. I strained my ears and couldn’t hear a single sound from inside. Hoping to find him fully dressed, I opened the door wide and stepped inside.

The sight that greeted me melted me ten times over, and I knew it in my heart that this image of Aryan spread-eagled at the center of the king-sized bed, lying flat on his stomach, arms sprawled above his head, his mouth slightly open, wet hair curling up at the nape of his neck, would stay with me forever – he was perfection. My eyes settled on his bare back, the fluffy white duvet covering him waist down. Frowning, I looked around to find a heap of wet clothes lying outside the bathroom, and I saw the change of clothes lying untouched on the far corner of the bed. My frown turned into a scowl.