Synopsis/Acknowledgements

Dedicated to all the readers of this story: For a writer, I lack the words strong enough to thank you.

Just a bit of warning before you start reading - If you want things to happen right away, this is not the story for you. If you are looking for just another 'boy meets girl' kind of romance, this is definitely not the book for you. If you are looking to savor a story in its entirety, you have come to the right place. Please proceed. Any feedback in the form of comments and votes are much appreciated. 

Happy Reading....

~ Neeru

First Kiss can be earth-shattering and so can ‘broken promises’ especially when both are sealed and delivered by the one who has held your heart in the palms of his hands since the day you turned a teen.

Seventeen year old Divya Narayan is a high-spirited young girl with an adventurous streak in her who doesn’t think twice before taking a risk. She learns very early in life that broken promises by ones you love equals a broken heart. So she makes two promises – Never to love and never to break a promise.

One fateful night four years ago, Aryan Diaz not only broke Divya's heart but also her trust and their unique bond of friendship. When the charming heart-breaker returns next door to Divya, he holds more than a key to her locked heart; he has answers that can set her free to break the promises she made.

Join me as I paint their love and their first kiss with vibrant colors that dull the promises they both had to break.

________________________________________________________________________

Indebted: There are some amazing people who are helping me with this story, without any one of whom, this story would not be seeing the light of day.

My incredible Editor Sarah @voyageavecmoi who continues to amaze me with the patience, sincerity, and generosity she shows in editing the chapters and giving me valuable feedback. Thank you Sarah for polishing up my act chapter by chapter.

My voice of reason and a great friend, Vela @Velabelle who gets the first draft fresh off the oven. She is one who doesn't hesitate to give me the necessary push to continue writing and stay on track. Thanks Vela for all the words of encouragement after every chapter and during my dry spells. Your unshakeable faith in me is invaluable to me.

My best friend Swati @SwatiGhosh has been a pillar of support during my lonely literary fights to turn thoughts into words that made sense. Thank you sweetheart for being the first to hold my hand.

My son Abhishek @abhirocks03 who is almost always the first to read the chapters as I write them. He has the habit of reading over my shoulder as I type ;-) because he can't wait to find out what happens next. His enthusiam to read more of my story acts like a wind beneath my sails, setting me on course. Abhi, I love you! (I warn you though - there will be parts of this story I wouldn't want you to read :P)

My beautiful niece Gayu @GayathriDevadasan, whose words of encouragement, her infectious smile, and her unconditional support and her professional inputs as a student of psychology peps me up with renewed vigour to keep writing. Love you Gayu and miss you lots!

My husband who gives me my space as I get lost in the world I am trying to create and for sharing me with my characters who constantly invade my thoughts. Dearest Ashok, your love for me is the foundation for the depth in this story. Believe it or faint, so much of Aryan is what I see in you <3

My parents and my sister, Renu, who support me unconditionally in whatever I do. No questions asked, no answers sought. They teach me how liberating it can be to let people be. They teach me what love truly is.

My little one, my free spirit, my six year old daughter Toshna who makes my world spin every single day. She keeps demanding I let her read the story, and I keep telling her to wait another 30 years :-)

And all the readers who continue to read, critique, comment, vote, and follow this story. I am humbled.

Thank you.

Neeru