Chapter 27 - Have a little faith in us

I am totally floored by Shruthi's I'm the Alpha. It's a must read. It's super addictive :)

I would truly appreciate some feedback on this chapter. So please do leave a comment.

___________________________________________________________

Under an hour into the drive, I came across a sign leading to Sam’s place. I felt the adrenaline of closing in on a chase hit me full force, as I stopped in front of the huge metal gate. I frowned. Did farmhouses have gigantic gothic looking metal gates?

I looked around and couldn’t find a guard. So that’s why they needed the huge gates, I decided. It was locked and the house was too far away to see anything except that it had a few of the lights on. I pulled off my hoodie and tied it around my waist. The climb was tough with the rusted metal feeling icky on my skin. It was a breeze otherwise, and I landed smoothly with my feet planted firmly on the other side. I dusted my hands and elbows, and sprinted to the main door. It was locked too. Were two grown up boys staying here or two sissies? I was too pissed off at both, though I had no clue why I was angry at Sam. He had always been a sore point for me.

I rang the bell and waited. Sam opened the door, looking his rugged handsome self, if you went for that type, which I didn’t.

“Where is Aryan?” I asked without preamble, and he blinked a couple of times, before slowly lifting the beer bottle back to his mouth.

He looked over my shoulder, and raised an eyebrow.

“I climbed.” I shrugged, and peered into the house over his shoulder.

“He’s not here.” He shrugged, guzzling down the rest of the beer.

I narrowed my eyes at him, and placed my hands on my hip.

“Sam_”

“Divi…” he dragged out my name, smirking.

“Let me in,” I ordered, and he raised an eyebrow at my tone.

“No can do,” he said, and started closing the door.

I pushed my foot in, stopping him. “Sam, I warn you_”

“Aryan,” he called, looking over my shoulder, and I quickly turned around.

I heard the door shut behind me, and cursed, stomping my foot hard on the patio.

“Asshole!” I screamed, kicking the door.

Glaring at the closed door only made me seethe even more. I had had enough of the world’s unfairness for one day. I spotted a chair resting against the wall. I picked it up andbanged it against the window pane. Glass shattered, breaking the stillness of the night, and out came Sam spewing curses along with the beer he had been drinking.

“Are you fucking crazy?” He yelled, and dragged me inside the house.

Yes, I was going crazy and I was done playing games and taking shit, not from a guy or a granny.

My wrists hurt where he tightened his grip painfully as I twisted my hand to get him to unhand me. But he was a solid six-footer with a massive build, and a temper to top. He threw open the door to a room at the back of the house and pushed me inside.

“Here is your Aryan,” he said, as he released my hand.

I heard him mutter ‘crazy bitch’ as he closed the door behind him.

“Div, what are you doing here?” said a shocked oh-so-familiar voice, and I whirled around on the balls of my feet.

I let out a whimper at the sight of him standing on one foot with a crutch for support, his messy hair longer than I remembered, and his handsome face as messed up as his hair. My breath caught and stayed locked as I repeatedly gasped, trying to gulp as much air as I could catch. He looked frighteningly hurt but what a lovely sight it was to see him look at me with those eyes of his. I couldn’t move and from what I could gather, neither could he. He stayed rooted to the spot, his hands tightening and loosening around the handles of the crutch. I wanted to rush into his arms, but the moment broke at his next words.