Chapter 34 - The first of our first kisses

The person I want to dedicate this chapter to, is yet to join wattpad :D

__________________________________________________________

When his lips touched mine, the combustion was instantaneous – a split-second shock reverberated through my body, and it reflected in his eyes. Anger radiated through his touch, his lips firm against mine but soon it gentled into a soft caress, and I bowed to his mastery over the kiss. His lips danced over mine, and I followed; our breaths mingling as he caught my lower lip and tugged playfully.  He teased repeatedly, leaving my lips a fraction of a second before returning, coaxing, tugging, and pressing hard against my soft ones.

Feeling drugged, I closed my eyes, my senses centered on the kiss – Aryan’s kiss, a moment I had anticipated, dreamt about since I turned a teen. I felt an imprint of his smile against my lips before he moved away, and I instinctively rose up on my tiptoes to try and capture them back. When seconds dragged on without feeling the delicious pressure; my eyelids fluttered open to see him watch me closely. I licked my lips and tasted the saltiness of the kiss, reminding me of the tears we both had shed. His eyes caught the movement, and his head dipped slightly before he stopped.

I watched disappointed as he untangled his fingers from my hair, trailing them down my neck, and loosened his arm from around my waist. It took some time for me to realize that I was pressed so close to him, there wasn’t an inch of space between us. I blushed, trying to move away, but my fingers caught in his wet hair. When had my hands reached there? Biting my lip and averting my eyes from his scorching gaze, I stepped back. I felt the lack of warmth the minute I lost contact with his body, and I swayed towards him. He reached out to steady me.

“Div…” his voice was pure silk, and I hastily stepped back on trembling feet before I leapt into his arms for a fresh taste of his delectable lips.

“Don’t say a word,” I whispered, wrapping my arms around myself.

I sat down on my bed, threw my head back, and stared at the ceiling, trying to gather my frayed senses. He had broken down my defenses with just his lips, and my mind grappled to rewind and remember what we were arguing about when he kissed me. Oh the kiss! It was filled with an emotion I found hard to name. But I knew he had kissed me to make a point but my brain was stuck on the kiss, the way his lips felt against mine – moist and firm. I shivered at the memory and felt his fingers glide across my cheek. I sighed, closing my eyes.

“It took a hell of a lot of self-control not to kiss you back yesterday night, Div. Was it lust that made you kiss me when I was asleep?”

I shook my head in a daze before I realized what he had said. My eyes flew open, and I sat up straight. “You were awake?” I squeaked. “Why didn’t you say something?”

His gaze softened, and he trailed the back of his hand down my cheek. “You cried for me,” he whispered.

The storm in his eyes had settled, and I found myself drowning in their depths. I threaded my fingers with his and leaned into his touch.

“I can’t see you hurt,” I whispered back, getting lost in his hazel eyes.

He sat beside me on the bed, stretching his injured leg, and held my hand in his. “Your lack of trust in me hurts the most Div. As long as I have you by my side, nothing else matters,” he told me earnestly.

“What about Vidhi?” I couldn’t stop myself from asking.

He stiffened, and his hands tightened around mine. “What about her, Div?”

“I need to know, Ary, before I can trust you again. Why can’t you understand that? You left with her, on my birthday, without a word. That too right after I told you how much I loved you. You laughed and left,” I said tightly, trying to pull my hands out of his grip.