Ch.13 Lunch with EXO and Other Things

~~*~~

“Aw… My little girl is growing up!” Kai exclaims.

“No. Just no,” I interrupt glaring.

“I think it’s so cute how you’re trying to find out who likes you,” Kai continues ignoring my remark.

“Yeah,” I agree.

He turns his head and looks at me in surprise.

“I’m trying to find out who carried this really heavy girl, who happens to be me, to thank him,” I finish.

On his face, his obvious joy turns into disappointment. I stifle a giggle at how gullible he is.

As quick as a flash, his face holds a look of suspicion.

“Any girl would be interested about a boy that likes her,” He thinks out loud looking at my face for any emotion change.

I continued wearing my poker face, although a smile was about to break out.

“Kai!” I turn to see Kris calling.

“I think you forgot that Jade isn’t any girl.”

I smile triumphantly at his words, thinking he means it as a compliment.

“In fact, I wouldn’t think she was a girl, she’s probably a boy,” Kris finishes.

My smile immediately turns into a frown as I turn to glare at Kris. Kai’s laughter makes me turn my head and give him a death glare too. However, he’s too busy laughing that he doesn’t even notice.

I sigh as I watch Kai high five Kris.

“That was a low blow Kris, and Kai! You’re supposed to be taking Jade’s side, you’re her brother,” Suho says entering the room with some other EXO members.

“Nah. I think it was a good one,” Tao says walking over to Kris to give him a high five.

I smile gratefully at Suho and then proceed to give a death glare to Tao.

“What? Did I say something wrong? It’s the truth!” Tao protests hands in the air as if I was a police.

“Why are we even talking about what gender I am?” I ask sighing.

“I don’t know, you actually are a random, weird girl, Jade!” Sehun calls out from behind me.

“Well, yeah. Whenever she talks, the conversation spirals out of control,” Lay says thoughtfully.

At Lay’s words the boys smirk, probably recalling all the times where conversations with me turned to random topics. I blush at the thought.

Changing the subject, I say a bit loudly,

“What are we going to do today?”

~~*~~

“No. I’m not going on that thing,” I say crossing my arms and planting my feet firmly on the ground.

“Did you just call me a thing?” Xiumin asks looking up at me offended.

All the EXO and SHINee members surrounding us were laughing their heads off, but I was too serious to laugh along with them.

“Yes, I just called you a thing. Can I leave now?” I ask hopefully putting on what I hoped was a puppy dog face.

“I thought we already told you. Stop using that “puppy dog face” of yours, ‘cus it doesn’t look at all like a puppy dog. It looks like a demented Jade,” Tao says face-palming.