Ch.11 Hiding

~~*~~

In the spooky, pitch black darkness, I stare at the too bright laptop screen that has the Facebook page open. I slowly type my username and password to my Facebook account. I finish quickly, because of my fast typing skills, but I hesitate to press enter.

Everyone recommended and advised me to stay away from the electronics and social networks saying that it was for my own good, but being the rebel I am, of course I didn’t listen. Or in other words, going to rebel right now.

Everyone, my family especially, tried their best to keep the electronics hidden and away from me, but in the end they failed. I was too smart and knowing compared to them. Just kidding! They actually did a pretty bad job of hiding the electronics, being too confident about themselves.

I take a deep breath and prepare myself to go on Facebook. I know, crazy right? Why would you need to prepare yourself to go on your own account on Facebook? Everyone didn’t specify why I shouldn’t go on Facebook and on the Internet, so I was curious of why they tried to stop me. For some unknown reason I was nervous about going on Facebook, which is why I prepared myself for anything to happen when I press enter.

My finger was a millimeter away from the enter button when I heard Kai’s familiar voice,

“Jade Sooeun Jung! I know you have the laptop. You’re going to be in deep trouble when we find you. I suggest that you come out and surrender the laptop before we catch you going on the Internet.”

“You know how she is. She’s not going to surrender and she definitely will go on the Internet,” Jessica scolds Kai.

“Instead of bickering, you guys should be finding her right now! I don’t even want to think about what might happen when she goes on the Internet,” Krystal says.

I can literally see her shaking her head at my other siblings.

“Fine… EXO’s checking the 4th floor, right?” I hear Jessica’s voice call out to Kai.

“Yeah, everyone has a floor or a particular region to search. We’ll find her pretty soon,” Kai’s voice that was too close for comfort replies.

I subconsciously hide deeper into the closet that happened to be filled with clothes, towels, and random fabrics. I was sure that they wouldn’t look in here, but you never know. I wait for their conversation to continue.

“It’s been too long since we’ve been home. Jade knows the house better than us, which means she has an unfair advantage! They could have installed secret rooms for all we know,” Krystal complains.

I stifle a giggle. Of course I had the advantage! Krystal predicted well. I was hiding in a “secret” closet that most people didn’t know about. Well, everyone except my siblings knew about it.

“Well I told everyone to search every nook and cranny in this house, so we will find her,” Kai says firmly.

“I’m going to switch with some of the EXO members. It’s so boring searching the house with you, Kai,” Krystal informs.

“Fine, be that way. You’re going to leave me with Kai? Don’t do this to me,” Jessica says dramatically.

“You guys are the worst,” Kai mutters.

I smile into my hand. Eavesdropping is actually pretty fun, now that I’ve tried it. I should do this more often.

“Kai! So you already looked over here?” I hear a boy’s voice call from far away.

I can’t tell whose voice it was, so I try to use my voice analyzer in my brain, which doesn’t work.

“I’ll look over here!” Another voice calls really near the entrance of my hiding place.