Ch. 2: I'm Officially Screwed

~~*~~

"Mhm. I love you too! Hwaiting! I'll call you soon!" I said cheerfully and hung up. My smile slid off my face as soon as I heard the dial tone.

This was my third international call today. One call to each of my siblings.

I usually call them once a week, but it gets confusing after a while, especially trying to match the time changes between countries. I usually call them at random times, especially if they’re on a world tour.

I once called Jessica while she was onstage in Thailand. The makeup artist answered the phone, telling me that Jessica was onstage.

She called me back three hours later, 1:00 AM in the US in which I woke up crankily to answer. One of my many “good” memories.

When Jessica first left to train, I was only four years old. I had no idea what was going on and barely got to meet up with her. Then, six years later, when I was ten, Krystal left me. A year later, Kai left.

Basically you could say that I grew up without any siblings. Well to be exact, I only got to feel the joy of having older siblings for 11 years.

I was jealous of my friends and anyone with older siblings. I felt alone and didn't go through the perks of having older siblings. Asking for advice, going to the amusement park or anywhere, having an older brother be overprotective.... It all went out the window.

On the other hand, there were perks of having your older siblings be famous. I have all the K-Pop celebrities’ merchandise. All given to me for free from my siblings and their friends. I had almost all K-Pop celebrities' autographs. I also got VIP tickets to nearly all K-Pop concerts.

I had connections. I even received many offers at all the major K-Pop industries: SM, JYP, YG, Starship, etc.

They kissed up to me. Said I was a combo pack of all my siblings. Krystal's height and body, Jessica's voice, Kai's personality, etc. 

But I saw too much of my siblings' life to want to become a K-Pop star.

Especially because of the sasaengs. If you don’t know what sasaengs are, sasaengs are excessively obsessed K-Pop fans. They are extreme fans who stalk their idols and invade their privacy with questionable methods. They were the worst. 
Once upon a time, my parents and I visited Korea. Jessica, Krystal, and Kai got a break from SM to spend time with us. 

The next morning, fans were all over the hotel trying to find them. They stood in front of the hotel, etc.

Not a nice memory.

But enough of my complaints and opinions.

What was I going to do about my secret?

~~*~~

Not a good day at school or at home.

My friends spammed me with photos of K-Pop stars they thought were hot, tried to talk to me and fangirl with me over stars like Super Junior, 2PM, blamed me for not showing the K-Pop world sooner, and even more.

I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for my secret I would have been ecstatic, but it was my secret's fault that I was feeling depressed.

Oh yeah, my friends invited themselves over.

Zack and Jonathan were looking over the SNSD, f(x), and other girl group posters. Asking me every 10 seconds about how I got them signed, if the autographs were genuine, etc.

Miranda and Melody, on the other hand, were gawking at my awesome, hot posters of boy bands including EXO.

The EXO poster hasn't even been released to the public, which luckily Miranda and Melody didn't know about. They just thought EXO was hot, cute, and everything a girl could want. They, too, kept questioning me about how I got the autographs.