Ch.20 Kris

~~*~~

I avoided Kris all day. Which was pretty hard. I wonder why? It’s totally not because of all the fun we had planned out.

It had felt like my eyes had been opened from my once blind state. I started to notice that everyone was pushing us together, literally and figuratively. People would exchange knowing glances towards us. They would “tease” us, but now I knew they were a tiny bit more serious.

It was a bit uncomfortable and awkward for me the entire day. Especially because Kris and I would be on the same team for everything. Like, obvious much? I probably wouldn’t have noticed if I didn’t know though. Kris was right about me being dense.

Luckily, I was able to have a lot of fun. Everyone, my siblings especially, kept on trying to include me by making me the group representative or challenging me during competitions. Even though it would have been normal to feel left out, I didn’t, which I am very thankful for.

Kris is actually nice for once. He seems to understand my sudden state of confusion and turmoil because he doesn’t try to come near me. He gives me much needed space and doesn’t question my obvious attempts to keep him away. Although I appreciate this greatly, it also adds to my confusion.

Why is this so confusing? Isn’t it supposed to be much simpler? In the Korean dramas, they were anyway. Whenever I watched, I could see the obvious love lines and knew what the main character should have made for her decisions, but now that it’s me, I have no idea what to do.

Why did my life have to be so complicated? Was it too much to ask for a regular life? All I ever wanted was a nice, easy, loving life with my friends and my siblings. But what do I get? Betrayal from my friends, sudden popularity that I did not want, and a confession? From a person I never expected from, none the less? My life was much  more dramatic than I would want it to be…

“Jade!!!” Jessica calls from the group, I was sitting on my chair alone right now. I would like to emphasize that I am alone right now, very happy and at peace if you did not get the hint.

“What?” I ask crankily, knowing that she wants me to come over, but being the lazy person I am and because the chair was comfortable I stayed where I was.

“Come here!” Jessica says sighing and gesturing with her hand.

“What’s going on?” I ask grumbling walking towards them.

“We arranged a scavenger hunt!” Xiumin announces excitedly.

“You arranged a scavenger hunt,” Krystal repeats slowly.

“In that short period of time?” I add suspiciously.

“We may have prepared something before we came,” Chen admits sheepishly.

Kai, Krystal, and I don’t reply, but just continue watching them fidget awkwardly.

“Let’s do this!” Jessica cheers, breaking her stony façade.

“So you guys know the Amazing Race right? Or Runningman?” Xiumin questions.

“Yes!” We reply in sync.

“Basically, what we arranged is somewhat, or exactly, like it,” Tao explains.

“Wait, how many of you guys arranged this?” I ask suspiciously.

“Just Xiumin, Sehun, Tao, Lay, and me,” Chen replies proudly.

“So will you guys be participating in it too?” Krystal asks.