Ch.6 Like a K-Pop Star

~~*~~

“Sooeun! Where have you been?” The manager of SNSD called out to me.

“I’m sorry. My siblings didn’t wake me up,” I replied bitterly.

“It’s okay… The stage director is looking for you, he wants to talk about your performance.”

“Okay, thank you!”

I bowed to him, the formal way of saying hello or good-bye to an adult in Korea, and went off to look for the stage director.

After walking around for like five minutes, I found him with the costume designers. He was obviously not in a good mood because the costume designers were cowering while he was yelling at them.

“Hello!” I bowed to him.

“Oh! It’s my favorite star. Jade!!! Welcome!” He said ushering me towards the couch.

He always called me his “favorite star” because I was his little star. I always helped him out with concerts, backstage.

“So, do you know how excited I am for your little performance? I’ve been waiting for this moment forever! I can’t believe that you’re actually going to perform,” he ranted.

I giggled.

“Thank you! But the concert is in a few days, how am I going to prepare?” I asked worriedly.

“As soon as we agree on the songs, you’re going to go through army,” he joked.

He continued,

“Once we pick the songs, the costume designers, media team, dance team, beauty team, and microphone team will be able to work. The agency and I was hoping to do an English pop song, because this is America and foreign fans will be here. You know how the performances are usually? Like for example, Jessica and Krystal usually perform "Tik-Tok" by Keisha, Tiffany does "Call Me Maybe", etc. We want you to do these type of performances, however with others, because the world doesn’t know you yet.”

“Oh, okay. I love the performances they do! They’re so fun to watch, haha,” I replied cheerfully.

“So the ideas we have for you are to: be added to the Jung sisters “Tik Tok” performance, feature when EXO and SHINee sing “Just the Way You Are”, “Firework” with SNSD, be in the performance of just all of the girl celebrities together, feature in the performance with only the boy celebrities, and finally be in the performance for the final act, where everyone is in it.”

“Wow… That’s a lot…” I said awed.

“Yup! We want you to be included, like literally. You have everything you need, the talent, looks, and body. Is there any performance that you would like to do? Or suggestions?”

“No thank you, I think this is enough…” I said thankfully.

“Since the concert’s soon, you won’t have free time. You need to try your best, okay? It’s going to be a tiring few days.”

During this whole conversation, the stage director was writing down notes.

“I’ll give you the list of the order of performances, with the ones you’re in highlighted. You need to go to the beauty and costume teams right now. They need your measurements and your concepts, than you’ll go practice and get the lyrics for everything. I’ll tell you what you have to do after each thing.”

“Oka-”

“Let’s go!” He interrupted

~~*~~