Ch.8 The Concert

~~*~~

“Jade! You’re on! Good luck!” the person in charge of the schedule said as she pushed me towards the stage.

I breathed deeply, trying to slow down my fast heart rate. My first live performance for the first concert of the week. It was basically like a test run, something that I could use to check out how everything was.

As I watched my sisters enter right on time with their parts, I was awed at how different they were. I’ve never actually seen them at a live performance; I usually just saw them at work online.

They were perfectly in sync, not getting a single part wrong. They had enough confidence to adlib, smile at the audience, and add dance moves.

How could they sing and dance at the same time? I suddenly respected my sisters and other celebrities more.

As the part where I enter neared, I got more and more nervous. All of the mistakes that I could do sped through my mind.

“Hey little sis!”

“AHHHHH!” I scream whispered as I slightly jumped.

My mike was on, so I had to be quiet until I went on.

“Good luck! I’m watching, in fact, everyone is watching. No pressure,” Kai winked.

I ignored him and entered while singing.

I’m talking pedicure for my toes, toes

It was as if time froze. The cheering, energetic audience froze. They just stared at me, but I ignored it. Everyone warned me about this happening, so I wasn’t really affected.

You could hear shuffling of people as the audience checked the cards they had, the one with the schedule and information about the show. People whispered to each other and some took out their smart phones and took photos of me, which made me more nervous because I wasn’t photogenic.

Some people actually seemed to recognize me, from the news articles, but most were obviously curious about who I was.

Doing the dance moves and singing, I made eye contact with Jessica and Krystal. They winked, smiling at me. I smiled back.

As we got into the chorus, where all three of us sang and dance all together, the audience seemed to get out of their trance. They waved their lights and cheered.

Don’t stop, make it pop

DJ, blow my speakers up

Tonight, I’mma fight

‘Til we see the sunlight

All of my nervousness, panic, and uneasiness were gone by now. I was just enjoying the time with my siblings and the audience.

I could finally realize why people became celebrities. They became them for these moments. Even with the sasaengs and the bad parts, the good parts covered it.

Tic Tock on the clock

Round the clock

But the party don’t stop, no oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh!

I breathed heavily as I did the last pose. A huge applause was heard from the audience. Cheers filled the air.

Jessica, Krystal, and I rushed off the stage so the next act could start.

As I went back stage, everyone was talking to me, complimenting my performance, and saying that I did well.