Chapter 30: Faith.

I actually forgot what my characters look like so if I describe with a whole new hair colour just pretend it didn't happen.

There is only going to be 2 more chapters. I've got it all planned out so I can finish this... 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been at least 3 months since Brad left on tour, and today was the day he came home. Charlie knew it wouldn't be the same, he would go back to recording the new album and go on tour again... It was as simple as that.

"Charlie?" Jason queried, standing in front of her hunched figure as she stared out the window. 

Charlie sighed, "I'm not as excited as I should be..."

Jason walked beside her and watched as Charlie slowly moved her attention away from the window to his face. Charlie's golden eyes lit up in the afternoon sun, Jason hadn't had a close look at her like this in so long.

"He'll be home soon. You can show him how far you've come. You're clean. You're happy. You're you again." 

Charlie shook her head. "I-

Jason cut her off, "He makes you happy. I know it's rough sometimes, but he is good for you. He's trying so hard, don't give up now."

Charlie looked at Jason, those same golden eyes beamed back at her. Jason had grown out his hair alike Brad. He had dyed it to a light brown, with blonde highlights. It suited him so well, he looked like a grown-up man, not like the scrawny 16-year-old boy who could barely take a kick to the shins. Jason was now a man who girls yearned for, who had these kinds of manners and gentleness that was so abundant in his personality it was hard to mistake him as a fictional character. 

However, to Charlie, he was still as stubborn as she remembered. It took her a long time to realise how important he was to her. She had forgotten, Jason was there for it too. Their childhood, not hers. He copped the beatings, he witnessed the arguments and he too, sat in the park late at night with strangers we just met smoking weed and pretending we knew who we were. 

"I'm sorry I never told you. I know I hurt you, but I wanted to protect you." Charlie apologized, as she reached over to his face, and pulled back some loose curls.

Jason smiled, "We're both stubborn. But we made it in the end. Look at us now? I've got an album coming out in a few days. You're a raging solo artist. You're dating Brad, fucking Simpson. I'm dating the most beautiful girl in the world. We got it lucky, sis."

"I suppose you're right. I don't think it was all luck though. We worked for that shit, Jason. We deserve this." Charlie realised.

Suddenly, a loud creak sounded throughout Charlie's apartment. She knew exactly what it was, and without a second thought, she hurdled her way to the front door. 

Quickly, she swung open the door and embraced the tired looking boy who stood behind it. Thier bright ambience filled the room as they embraced each other wholly. Charlie's face had lit up with pure ecstasy, it had only taken a few words for her to realise how important this was for her.

She was loved.

She was no longer the kid who snorted cocaine out the back of the portables during recess. She was now a woman, who was ready to become someone in the world. 

With the help of Brad, and every single person who loved her and supported her.

Brad was seemingly surprised by the long embrace. He expected a solemn entrance, as his last call to Charlie, she didn't sound like she wanted him back. Yet, here he was, still in her arms and feeling like their love had been renewed with this spark he felt arising. 

"Charlie?" Brad asked, as he lifted her away.

Charlie looked at Brad, rather than at her feet, "Brad. I apologize for the other night. I've been thinking how much you've changed me. How important you have become for me."

Brad sighed. He thought it was going to be something starkly different coming out of her mouth.

"I am stronger now. I'm clean, thanks to you. I've really tried for you Brad. I don't want you to give up on me anymore..." She continued.

Brad smirked and picked up Charlie by her waist. He stared into her golden eyes, which shone even brighter as the sun snuck its way down. 

"I've always had faith in you, Charlie," Brad replies, and slowly meets her lips. 

The two reconnect, like a couple after the war who haven't seen each other since they were whisked away from their arms. The touching of their lips brings a new feeling of euphoria which engulfs them and suddenly renews Charlie's faith in love.

Jason stands by the window, resting his arm against the wall. He watches the two reconnect, reminding himself of all the pain that once rest on her shoulders. He can't believe it himself, but this will work out.

Charlie can be happy.

Jason reminds himself that he must thank Brad personally. Without him, Charlie might not have ever made it out of that University dorm alive. Instead, slowly floating away until she reaches the stars, and by that time it would have been too late to save her.