Chapter 22: Reunited

It was after the third session of group, 1 week later. Charlie and Lucy were sitting outside in the garden, neither had said anything. Charlie was still angry after all.

Lucy slowly, and cautiously moved her hands ontop of Charlies, and intertwined her fingers with hers. She looked over at Charlie, who was off looking in the distance.

"I know you hate me right now." Lucy said, breaking the ice between them.

Charlie didn't look at Lucy. She didn't want to. "You broke my heart."

Lucy gulped. "I didn't mean to."

Charlie huffed, anger boiling under her skin. "You left me. I was so vulnerable. Imagine if you didn't leave? I wouldn't be here. Maybe I'd be happy."

"Don't tell me you're not happy with Brad? What about the band you were in?" Lucy replied.

"How do you know about Brad?" Charlie asked, shocked. She hadn't said one word about Brad. Or her old band. Or anything other than the fact that she took drugs.

"When I left, I had to keep an eye on you. I couldn't bare to let you go forever." Lucy admitted.

"How do you think I felt? You left me, never called, never texted, nothing! I was left hanging on the edge of fucking life and death. You meant everything to me. You could have atleast send like a fucking letter or something. Just so I could know what happened." Charlie yelled, taking her hand back, and standing up.

"Charlie, please, listen." Lucy pleaded.

Charlie wanted to walk off. But instead, she nodded her head and sat back down.

"Leaving you wasn't a choice I made. I only made the choice to stop talking to you. It was for the best. My dad's a cruel man, if he found out I was hiding a relationship with you, even after we moved. He'd probably kill me."

Charlie sighed. "I know. I know."

"What did your parents think? About you liking girls?"

"Nothing. Didn't tell them."

"You're kidding me." Lucy shook her head. "So they think you're straight?"

Charlie puckered her lips. "Yep."

"Fucking lucky you are." Lucy rolled her eyes.

Charlie wiped the sweat that had been forming on her forehead, despite it being early Spring, and it was cold outside. She decided she didn't want to talk about the past, since that's why she was here. 'To cleanse you of all your past sins.' As the therapist had said.

"What do you do now then? Why are you even in England?" Charlie asked.

"Well, I've got myself a boyfriend. So my dad now thinks that 'I was going through a stage' And I'm studying Environments." Lucy answers.

"Nice." Charlie nods her head. "Guess you know what I'm up to then."

"I'm guessing you're doing Vet? That was your dream."

Charlie smiles. "Yeah. Worked my ass off for it. For the first year in my life, I think I spent more time studying than getting high."

Lucy giggled. "Well, I'm glad you're getting off the drugs now. Being clean is for the better."

Charlie shrugs. "It's all-

Lucy interrupts her. "Stop saying that. You and your negativity. How's Uni then?"

Charlie sighed. "I'm leaving Uni. Semester ends in a few weeks, then I'll drop out. Can't handle it all now."

Lucy nodded, and put her hand on Charlie's thigh, and slid her hand up further.

"Don't" Charlie snapped, pushing her hand away.

Lucy smiled. "I understand."

Charlie raised her eyebrows at her. "I thought you would know better."

Lucy sighed. "It's been awhile."

Charlie scoffed and shook her head. "Same, but it doesn't make me some horny slut who tries to fuck her ex-girlfriend when they just met each other again for the first time in forever."

"Are you saying this Bradley is suddenly your whole life after 1 month of being together?" She scoffs.

"Well, he bloody makes me feel better than you ever did." Charlie sighs, and gets up off the bench. She then turns around and says one last thing to her ex-love. "I thought for a minute there, maybe you cared, but you've changed. I guess I didn't really know you and the only thing we had in common was drugs."

Then, Charlie left, she walked out the door and back into the building. Things didn't go how she planned, like everything in her life.

Charlie cracked her neck, and went off to her room where she picked her phone up off the bed. She opened up twitter, after 5 days of not tweeting and started to compose a new one.

'People change, like the day changes...Just because you thought you knew someone, doesn't mean you do.'

It didn't take long for fans to freak out, and relate the tweet to everything possible about Brad. Charlie thought it was overly amusing and decided if she was a fan she would hate to be left hanging and replied to a fans reply.

'It's not Brad. Just a stupid ex I hadn't seen in awhile.'

Charlie had no shame, and never bothered to hide things. She was already so done.

Then as Charlie was scrolling, a mention popped up. Since she was verified, it was set so she only saw tweets from other verified twitter users.

'@iamnotcharliegold who's this ex? I'll beat him up for you?'

—————————

I know I have regular readers... So comment who you are and what you think so far... Also what you think will happen!