Chapter Twenty Six-Where are the Fireworks?

Okaaaaay. Hey! I'm not sure but I think this chapter is a bit longer than the usual. Or maybe it just feels like it! X) Anyways, hope you like it. :) And SHAMDEN PEOPLE, DO NOT HATE ME! This chapter will probably give me lots of haters. XD 

-Kierra XX 

P.S. For some reason, someone hating me makes me feel sort of important. X) I'm weird like that.

Chapter Twenty Six-Where are the Fireworks?

                The trip ended quite successfully. In the end, I wasn’t able to see the campus at all, but oh well. And then I avoided Cam for the rest of the day and the trip home the next. It was easy ignoring him because, for some reason, he didn’t seem too intent on annoying me.

                When we got home, I was really exhausted. I mean, my butt hurts from all that sitting.

                “Yo, Man. Thanks for the ride!” Jake nodded at Cam, who was behind the wheel. Ciara and I were saying our goodbyes. The car was parked right in front of our house, and we just finished unloading all our stuffs.

                “No problem,” Cam, who miraculously recovered from his cold soon after he drank some medicine, smiled at Jake. And then he caught me staring at him. He nodded at me too. “Uhh, thanks for taking care of me. I always knew that you’re so concerned about—”

                “I was not concerned about you,” I snapped.

                He smirked. “Yeah. Riiiight.”

                I groaned inwardly and rolled my eyes, trying not to think of all those times when my heart seemed to have skipped a beat during the trip. How many times my breath got caught in my throat. How many times I found myself staring at his dense eyelashes, not noticing anything else. All those times when I acted… differently.

                “My parents won’t be home for the weekend,” Cam said, “party at Saturday.” He smiled at Jake then at me, and I could see the amusement in his eyes.

                Crap. I remembered that party—where I drank a little too much and ended up kissing Cam. Kissing Cam! And if I remember correctly, which I obviously do, we kissed twice that night. I could feel myself reddening.

                “Shea, you’ll come, right?” He smirked, and I knew he was thinking of that night too.

                I scoffed, trying to cover the fact that I was blushing. “No way.”

                He laughed. “Of course.”

                And then they were off, Ciara still waving goodbye as the car sped away. I waved back, until the car turned right around the corner. I noticed, then, that Jake was staring at me, smiling knowingly. “What?” I asked, suspicious.

                He shrugged. “So, you and Cam, huh?” he asked me.

                My mouth dropped open. “What? Me and Cam?” I could feel myself flush, for no apparent reason. “There’s no us, Jake, and you know it.”

                “Oh, but there is, Shea, and you know it,” he said back, looking happy for his seemingly witty response, even though, truthfully, it wasn’t really witty or anything.

                “Why are you so intent about this? I mean, you know I don’t like Cam.”

                “Yeeeeah,” he muttered, looking genuinely happy.