Chapter Twelve- My Version of Together

Hey all! :D Hi. :) This might seem sort of a filler chapter, so... sorry about that. I'm just a little busy to pull off something major right now. Haha. I hope you enjoy this!

Thanks SOOO much. :)

--Kierra XX

Chapter Twelve- My Version of “Together”

                It was our intramurals.

                Oddly enough, I didn’t have much school spirit for any of the sport events. I really didn’t. This had always been one of the many reasons why I knew that I was never cut out for a cheerleader. I never had much school spirit. So, while I was yawning as I strolled along the campus, I was thinking of a way to seem less bored.

                Sherri, however, was having the opposite problem as I was. She just couldn’t shut up as she went on and on (and on) about every little detail of the day. Sure, I was listening, or at least trying to, anyway, and nodding at the right moments, but my brain could only take so much. So before lunch time even came, I was already half-exhausted—just by hearing her.

                “Don’t you think so?” she asked me at one point.

                 I was about to ask her to repeat what she just said, but seeing her wide eyes and exhilarated expression made it hard to tell the truth. So I pushed away the guilt (of not listening to her probably twenty-minute speech about her idea) and forced myself to agree with her. “Yeah, totally.”

                “Finally! Somebody who agrees,” she said.

                At least I said the right thing. But of course, when anybody else asks you “don’t you think so?” you just have to agree.

                “Do you think Blake would blow you a kiss while they’re in the court? You know, before, in the middle, or after the game. That would be so romantic and I think I might have watched that from a movie or something… Oh! I think it was a book I read, actually. Or maybe a story my friend had once told me… I’m not quite sure, but it would totally be so sweet and I can’t wait for it to happen and…”

                She was literally saying twenty words a second. If her previous rambles weren’t enough to make my brain malfunction, this was. She was just saying way too much.

                “I really don’t think that’ll happen,” I said before she could stretch the subject for another five minutes (or, knowing her, more than just that). Even though I disagreed with her, it was pretty much because I didn’t want to expect anything and end up disappointed and all.

                “Really? Blake strikes me as the type,” she said.

                “No,” I said, firmly this time, trying really hard not to raise my hopes. “And besides, I thought you were all about pushing me to Hell, a.k.a. Camden Sun?”

                She giggled. She’d been giggling a lot, actually. And I mean a lot. It’s her thing. When she’s pretty excited about something, she gets all hyped up and she giggles at every moment possible. “Well, I could go for Team Blake too. Either way, they’re both total douchebags.”

                “Blake is most definitely not a douchebag.” Even to my ears, I sounded pretty defensive.

                She laughed, rolling her eyes. “Yeah, right, and you don’t like Camden Sun.”