Chapter Five- I'm Not THAT Evil

Chapter Five- I’m Not THAT Evil

                Okay. What did I do to deserve this kind of torture?

                Sure, I might have ruined Cam’s life. And maybe I did “accidentally” break Jake’s Paramore CD last week. And, fine, so I might have spilled that orange juice in the cafeteria for Justinne Whitmarsh to slip on. But still, I’m not that evil, am I?

                Am I?

                Ugh. Okay. So maybe I am.

                But the point is—what did I ever do to deserve this kind of… punishment? I’ve been a good girl for most of my life, right? It’s been, what, two weeks of pure evil and I get this? My Friday night. Ruined. I mean, who ended up playing chess? No, not me. And who ended up cleaning the stupid dishes? Yours truly. But that’s not all. I’m supposed to stay here at home with Cam strolling around with my brother. He’s probably just trying to infect Jake with another disease.

                Scraping the cheese from the plates, I grudgingly muttered under my breath. I mean, isn’t getting grounded enough of a punishment? He just had to show up and worsen my night.

                “Shea.” Jake’s voice made me jump in surprise.

                I turned around violently. “What the hell? Are you trying to scare me?”

                He shrugged. “Uhh, not really. But I was just about to ask you. Do you want to go grab frozen yoghurt with Cam and me?”

                “You’re leaving?” My eyes widened in excitement. I probably sounded a little too enthusiastic, but… so what?

                He bit his lip. “Well…”

                I rolled my eyes. “Don’t tell me that Mom won’t let you guys go without me to make sure you don’t get yourselves in trouble…” I moaned.

                He grinned sheepishly. “As a matter of fact—”

                “Nope. Not gonna happen.” I turned the faucet off, miraculously finishing washing those ruddy dishes. “I’ll be in my room, and no one’s going to disturb me. No. One.” 

                “Aww, please, Shea! I mean, it’s the only way I could get out of the house.”

                I pretended not to have heard him and began walking out of the kitchen.

                “Just this once?” Jake held my eyes. Blue eyes meeting blue eyes.

                “No.”

                “Please…?

                “Look.” I glared at him. “Cam and I could hardly stand being around each other, so cut it out. I’m not going with you guys.”

                “But—but—please?”

                I slapped my forehead with my palm. I gritted my teeth together as hard as I could. “Fine,” I hissed.

                “Yes!” he exclaimed.

                “But you owe me!”