Chapter Twenty Seven- Scaredy Cat

Hey all! :)) HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A LOOOOOOOOOONG WHILE. But here it is, as promised (though very much delayed)! :D Anyways, this is a warning. A lot of people WILL HATE Shea for this chapter. Personally, though, I like this in particular. ;)) Anyways, hope not all of you will curse Shea after reading this chapter. 

And of course, thanks a lot for reading! YOU ROCK. 

-Kierra XX 

P.S. Don't say I didn't warn you. 

Chapter Twenty Seven- Scaredy Cat

                “We need a new article,” Eadrine said, first thing in the morning as I collected my things from the locker.

                I sighed, hugging the books with me, after slamming the locker shut. “About?”

                “Well, about that auction last week, and another of Night Moon’s article,” he said.

                I blinked. Crap. If only I knew I had to write something about the auction, I would have attended. I wouldn’t have gone to that freaking trip with them. “I wasn’t around,” I said, “at the auction, I mean.”

                He raised an eyebrow. “Oh?” He nodded. “Okay. Fine. You can write about anything under the sun. And Night Moon’s as well.”

                I nodded. “Yeah, sure.”

                And then he was off. I thought about a topic for a new article, and thought about Night Moon’s. Then all of a sudden, I couldn’t think of anything to write for Night Moon. I mean, after knowing about Cam’s parents and all, and after meeting Ciara, I wasn’t sure if it was still right to go and have another of Night Moon’s articles published.

                It just seemed… unfair.

                “Hey.”

                I turned and Blake was standing there, smiling at me. “Hey.” I smiled back.

                “So.” He took my books from my hands and we started walking towards my first period. “You have Literature for first?”

                I nodded. “Yep.”

                So we were walking, together, and it was really sweet how he took my books from me. “Well, I was thinking,” he began.

                “Of?” I prompted.

                “Well, of you,” he replied, “and if you’d like to accompany me this Saturday.”

                I smiled. “Where?”

                He shrugged. “Well, it’s supposed to be a secret.”

                “Oh, that’s a shame.”

                Mock-serious, he nodded thrice. “Oh, it is. But it won’t be good without the surprise there.”

                “Saturday, then?” I asked him.

                He grinned. “Saturday, then.”

---

                I’ve been staring at the blinking cursor of Microsoft Word for the past twenty minutes, occasionally finding my fingers typing three words or so before deleting everything again, leaving the page blank.