Chapter Twenty Four- You Have a Great SHIRT

Heey guys :) Well, let's see. I promised an update last time, and though it came overly, overly, overly late, I hope you guys would still read it (And if you're reading this, which means you are reading this chapter, then YOU'RE AWESOME). And, I don't really know whether it's long or short or anything, but I hope it works. :) Oh, and BTW, expect slower updates (I could hear you go, "MAN, SHE CAN BE SLOWER THAN THIS!? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!") but I hope you stay till the end. :) 

-Kierra XX (<3 you guys) 

Chapter Twenty Four- You Have a Great SHIRT

                “Damn those guys,” Cam muttered under his breath. He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. “Well, it’s not like we can do anything about that now.”

                Yeah. Long story short, while Cam and I were on “The Date,” the stupid monkeys left us alone, with no transportation whatsoever. Great, huh? And the thing is, no other time could have been worse than this. I mean, five minutes ago, I was walking out on him because we just talked about something, dare I say it, life-changing.

                Well, here we are. It’s  not like we can just ignore each other, right?

                “Let’s catch a cab,” I told him.

                He sighed. “When we get back there, remind me to kill each and every one of them.”

                He went out of the restaurant first. I followed suit and found him standing, waiting for a cab to pass by. I looked around as well, but I kept my distance.

                Here’s the thing: I never thought one thing could change everything. I mean, now that I know about the fact that his parents separated, it just doesn’t seem right. I mean, the way we treat each other since then just didn’t feel okay.

                Well, talk about awkward silence.

                As if on cue, though, something cold landed on my forearm. I looked down, seeing it was a drop of water. And then another, on the top of my head. And then another. I looked up, seeing the gray clouds, and cursed to myself.

                “Shit.” Cam looked up and turned to me. In that split-second, the rain started to fall hardly. And I mean, seriously hard. It was like a freaking storm. “Well, come on!” He grabbed my hand and started to pull me, catching me off guard.

                And as much as the scene looked sweet, you know what happened?

                I.

                Fell.

                Down.

                “Ow!” I yelled out loud as I tried to stand up. The heck. Who could be as stupid as me to fall head first on the pavement, which, for the record, is actually wet with rain and some mud. “Oh. My. Gosh.”

                “Shit, I’m sorry!” Cam yelled as he tried helping me stand up.

                “You—you dirthead!” I shouted at him. “If only you didn’t pull me, I wouldn’t have fallen!”

                “Like I said, sorry!” he yelled back. “I didn’t expect you’d be that clumsy.”

                I groaned and successfully stood up. Now I was wet, angry, and my shirt was soaked with mud and rainwater.