Chapter Eight- Screw Physics, Screw Camden, and Screw Worms

                “Diet or not?” Sherri held a can of coke on each hand. One diet, one regular. I personally hated the taste of the diet coke, so I chose the regular. She handed it to me. She joined me. I was sitting on the bench outside, the one right beside the fountain. And yes, it did smell like some pond or something, but this was the most quiet place I could think of.

                “Why are you in such a bad mood?” she asked me. “And why this place, of all places?” She pinched her nose.

                I shrugged. “No one ever goes here.”

                “Yeah, no one normal,” she said. “And you were pretty normal just yesterday.”

                “Well, yesterday, my ‘secret admirer’ or whatever did not send me this,” I said, handing her the note.

                She looked at it quizzically before deciding to read it. She read it aloud. “To The Most Beautiful Girl in The World,” she began, but stopped and looked at me, wiggling her eyebrows. “Ooooh. Could this really be from your Taylor Lautner hubby?”

                I groaned.

                “Okay. Sorry. But really, don’t you think you’re being a little too touchy about this?” She rolled her eyes. She continued reading. “I dreamt of you last night. We were walking through this beautiful garden. You were wearing a white dress, and the wind was blowing, sending petals everywhere. It looked really romantic. And then suddenly, a dog came chasing on us, and we ran and ran, our hands held, until we reached a forest. Inside the forest, a monster came and suddenly ate us. And inside his stomach were full of worms. I watched you die as the worms entered all your body cavities and ate you inside out, before I passed out to be eaten as well.” She scowled. “Ew. What is this?” she asked me, but I shrugged. She continued where she left off, “That’s all. It freaked me out. I just wanted to tell you that this will probably be my worst nightmare ever. Love, Your Secret Admirer.”

                Her mouth dropped open.

                “You have a psycho secret admirer,” she said.

                I winced. “And you had to put it that way.”

                “You know,” she said, looking at me, “there’s only one person in the world who could actually write you something like this, or pretend to be your secret admirer.”

                I looked at her. Of course I knew that.

                “Camden Sun,” she said.

                But she didn’t know what happened yesterday, with Cam looking sad and alone and even lonely in the dark gym. For him to look like that, he had to have a lot of emotional baggage, and judging from the looks of it, it really doesn’t seem like he could write my this note and pretend to be my secret admirer just to make my life miserable. Not when I saw him that way.

                “We have to find out who this is,” she said, wiggling her eyebrows even more. Either that, or she’s having a twitch.

                “No, no, no. There’s no we. You go ahead. I’ll focus on studying for Physics.” I stood up. “Whoever this guy is, I really karma could get to him fast.”