Chapter Thirty One-Speechless

Hey all! :D Like I said, the update came a little early but I hope you guys like it. :) I'm still not over the fact that I've already reached CHAPTER THIIIIIIIIIIIRTY -_-  Oh well. I won't be able to update for the week because: 1) We have our college entrance exams and 2) we have our mid-terms coming up as well. (Which sucks, really --.--) 

Anyways, hope you guys like it. :D 

-Kierra XX 

P.S. Sorry for the cliffhanger on the previous chapter. xD Hope this compensates for it.

Chapter Thirty One-Speechless

                Mint. It smelled like mint.

                I felt warm all over. Like, really warm.

                Then I realized I was moving. My eyes fluttered open. Still a little disoriented, I found myself staring at Cam’s face—from an angle that  suggested I was being carried by him. Bridal style.

                The world around me spun. It wasn’t like I was really unable to remember anything, but it was more like I was really, really disoriented. “Cam. Cam. Cammie Cam Cam.”

                I heard him sigh. He must have turned, because I felt a shift when he moved and I got a little dizzy. My head pounding, I winced and buried my face in his chest. I could hear a rhythmic beating. Was it the music? His heart? I didn’t know.

                “Cammie,” I muttered.

                “It’s Camden, Shea.” Another turn.

                I giggled. “Cammie, where are you taking me?”

                “You are so drunk, idiot,” he mumbled under his breath.

                Did I scowl? I wasn’t sure. I must have. “I'm not an idiot.”

                “Yes, you are. You’re not even used to drinking. You had, like, three shots and you’re drunk.”

                “I'm not drunk,” I denied even as I felt the world around me caving in.

                “Why were you so scared about the truth anyway?” he asked me. Another turn. God, how many turns was he planning to take? It made my head swirl.

                I heard a faint clicking and creaking. A door?

                “You stay here and go get some sleep. I’ll tell Jake you’re here and he’ll wake you up when you guys are about to go.”

                I could feel him lowering me and I sank into a soft bed. I smelled more mint. Was it his shampoo? Was I in his room?

                “Cammie,” I called.

                “Sleep.”

                He might have sat on the bed as he turned to me. I could feel myself drifting.

                “Why did you leave?” I asked him.

                “What? I haven’t left yet.”

                “Yes. Yes, you did. You left me. You—you—I feel sick.”

                “Oh, hell, no.”