Chapter Thirty Seven- Tinker Bell? Very Hot

HEY GUYS! I sort of rushed this because I still have to write my constructive speech for our debate, but I hope you like it. :D By the way, thanks a lot for sticking to this story. :) You make me so happy. 

-Kierra XX

P.S. Does anyone like Tinker Bell? :D

Chapter Thirty Seven- Tinker Bell? Very Hot

                “Shea?”

                His voice made me stop in my tracks. I wiped my tears and faced him. It was, of course, Cam. He got out of the car as soon as I did and had actually called out to me.

                I wasn’t sure how it happened, but I do know that it did happen—in a span of less than five seconds—and I was suddenly in his arms, face buried in his chest as I began crying.

                The sshhh and the I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry filled every corner of my mind as his hand smoothed down my hair.

                “I'm sorry,” he said. “Don’t… don’t cry. I'm really sorry, Shea.”

                I couldn’t stop crying, even if I tried. It made me feel sick. When did I ever become so much of a crybaby? I honestly didn’t know.

                “Who wrote it?” Cam pulled back a little, cupping my face with both his hands, tilting my head up so he could look me in the eye. With his thumb, he wiped the tears trailing down my face.

                “Breeze,” I answered, my voice cracking. “I—I don’t know why. But…”

                “You… you really—you don’t feel that way about me?” he asked me, almost stumbling with his words.

                “No, oh god, no.” I kept shaking my head.

                He let out a sigh. Of relief? I wasn’t sure.

                “God.” He heaved a sigh and stepped back, a hand over his eyes while the other stayed on my cheek. “I—I didn’t know what to feel, Shea. I was…”

                “Yeah.” I nodded even before he could finish. I knew exactly what he could have felt. “I know.”

                He removed his hand and let me look into his eyes. I could almost see his relief, his happiness in them. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Why didn’t you just say that it wasn’t you?”

                “You were too busy fooling off with Kyla Greene.” I automatically scowled upon saying the name.

                Then, he did the only thing I missed more than anything else, effectively raising my heart rate—He smirked. “And here you are saying I get jealous easily while you’re the one who’s getting all jealous over Cousin Ky.

                I glared at him. I didn’t care that the glare wasn’t exactly effective with my bloodshot eyes and tearstained face. “You’re an ass. You’re a piece of scum and you know it. Y-you don’t know h-h-how much I—” I was starting to sob again. Damn it. I was never a crybaby. Ever. I left that to Jake. He was the crybaby so many years ago (until now, I suspect he still is).

                “I'm sorry.” When he said the words, I knew he meant them. “I messed up. I was just… it was…” He shook his head. “It’s sick, Shea. It makes me hate myself. When I read that article…” He let out a breath. “God, I messed up.”