Chapter 28: Lies

The definition of lies: "A false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive, an intentional untruth, a falsehood. Something intended or serving to convey a false impression, imposture."

-

James' POV

McGarrett stood at the top of the stairs as I made my way to him. I could feel his gaze, not on me but something way more interesting in his eyes. His cold eyes probably scanning something he never thought would be brought back here in that shape.

I glanced one last time over my shoulder as to see Twyla carefully making her way into the mansion. I knew Aiden was around and as we had already discussed during breakfast, if Twyla chooses to come here which would be her choice alone, he would look after her if I wasn't' around.

She wasn't the bony girl I had met a few weeks ago. Regular meals and the access to food had made her put on some weight which if possibly made her shine more. Her skin tone had changed from the almost sickening gray color to a more glowy one which brought a smooth blush to her cheeks by the chilly weather.

"Park, Boss is asking for you."

Always a pleasure I thought as McGarrett hadn't greeted me in any form and was now heading his own way as I hadn't even reached the top of the stairs. McGarrett I guessed had his reasons, he was after all one of our best assassins so maybe his personality wasn't the more loud one. I sighed as I continued walking to the end of the hall on the second floor to the well-known "office" of the boss.

If McGarrett had had the intention for a conversation I would have been able to admit that I hadn't even known that the boss was in the country. But here he was, only a few doors away. I couldn't help but realize that the only reason he was actually here was because of a reason. This had been his family home but since the incident several months ago he didn't come around here much.

I stood in front of the door and took an unwanted deep breath before knocking on the door. Even if he had summoned me and we had known each other since we were children, events had changed who we both were. That we had grown apart was a fact, but that we were trying to get back to what we had once been was something I strongly hoped for.

A response from the other side of the door made me press the handle and enter. The room wasn't as empty as I had thought. I was facing the desk where I found Luke Jones, Raul Riccardo, Alejandro Delgado and to my surprise one of our newer recruits. If I remember correctly his name was Cedric Wilde.

But of course, Cedric Wilde's presence in the room wasn't the most epic in any way considering who sat before him. With his shoulders broad, his hair and beard trimmed, his strong eyebrows creating a strong structure on his face together with his bone structure and striking tanned skin. From afar he might have looked as any man, sitting in a suit which probably cost anyone else a lifetime of saving. But this wasn't just any man.

This was Francesco Leonardo de Angelo-Luca di Lombardesso. Heir to the di Lombardesso empire. King over trafficking. Emperor of more than 20.000 men worldwide. A secret spoke between only the lips of biggest influence. He had men willing to die at his feet and because of all the money he had, he had over 5 different banks. But after all, he was more commonly known as the boss.

But besides all that he had after all the striking Lombardesso gene. It was to many only a rumor, but as his lavender eyes stared into mine, I knew I was one of the few men in this world that he actually trusted.

I bowed my head slightly, as in an act of respect. I was given a small nod back before closing the door behind me and moving to stand beside Riccardo. I stood quietly, waiting for what conversation that had gone down before I entered to continue.