Chapter 14: Shame

The definition of shame: "The painful feeling arising from the consciousness of something dishonorable, improper, ridiculous,etc., done by oneself or another."

-

It had been more than a week since any of us last saw Diana. Today was Saturday and it felt weird how even tho we had been thru much but still only known each other for a few hours there was a gap in me that missed her.

As I rolled onto my back and stared at the bed above me and heard the light noises from two sleeping bodies, I wondered if she missed us too. Did she miss me?

I had been told yesterday that we were free to do as we placed on the weekends. Mostly. But since the "business trip" according to Isabella, who had talked to the people in the kitchen, went well there were suppose to be a party tonight.

Which meant that people would be showing up, needing to be served. Believe me when I say that I understand that at a party people expect certain standards. But why did Scarlet, Leya, Lizzie and I walk around with drinks and appetizers for hours? How stupid could you really be not to be able to walk to a table and grab a drink on your own? Ugh.

But considering the size of this mansion and considering the power and money the person owning all of this must have... I wouldn't dare not to follow my instructions.

As if the disappearance of Diana didn't bother me enough, I still hadn't met The Boss. Who was this person? What was this person? How come that everything around here was so secretive?

I sighed. Which I seemed to be doing a lot lately. Don't blame me, blame everyone else.

I heard how the person on the opposite side of the room moved. I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. I didn't know what the clock was but considering that it was Saturday it felt more likely that Scarlet wouldn't try to wake me.

But she didn't do anything really. Just climbed out of her bed and then headed for the bathroom.

I turned so that I now faced the wall. I felt an anger inside of me. That prick with eyes just as cold as his heart of stone really got on my nerves. It felt like we were playing some kind of game.

Even tho no one had actually told me that it was him who carried me to my bed I figured it out the second Aiden first of all had told me he looked similar to the person who had carried me and the introduced me to his twin brother.

So first he carries me. Then he attacks me. Then he accuses me of leaking information like some kind of spy from a bad movie and the just yesterday he protected me from that assh*le and wanted me to be back at his home...

What kind of game was he playing? Couldn't he just leave me alone? I mean just say what you want and quit this back and forth sh*t.

For the thousandth time, I sighed and drifted off.

Sleep had never come easy for someone like me. I often found myself tangling in my sheets, seating or sometimes even mumbling or screaming in my dreams.

So as you could imagine when I slept without anything of the above and someone dared to wake me I didn't rise like a kid on Christmas.

"Go away."

"But you need to get up it's already ten o'clock."

"Don't care. Go away."

It was quiet for a short moment until I felt how someone pulled away my blanket. Well someone won't be alive tomorrow.

"Get up."

There was always a certain difference between the voice of Isabella and the voice of Scarlet. While Isabella was always sweet and kind Scarlet was more quiet and serious.