Chapter 17: Eavesdropping

The definition of eavesdropping: "To secretly listen without permission to a private conversation."

-

Sleepless nights weren't something unusual for me. Only a few mornings did I actually wake up and felt like I had slept the whole night. The problem was that I never remembered waking up or having a problem fall asleep.

But I was still tired when I woke up. For a while I had wondered if maybe it was my dreams that made my body and soul exhausted. But how could you be exhausted from lying in someone's lap and having their hands brush your hair?

In my dream I found myself in safe arms. I didn't know who she was but every time she came into my dreams, a feeling of safeness and a familiar smell of roses was everywhere. The quietly hummed a melody. A melody that felt familiar but I still couldn't name it or place it anywhere else in the world than my head.

I felt grass under me and the sun stood high on the sky. But when I tried to look at her face the sun blinded me. I tried to move my head but it didn't help. I just remained in the same place and when I tried to speak to her, no words would come out. It was just her.

A wind rolled in out of nowhere and for a second she let go of my hair. But then a pair of hands returned to do the same stroking gesture. But the melody was gone. I didn't feel the grass under me, this material was more soft and when I looked down I saw sheets.

The sun was gone and my surrounding was darker now. When I dared to look up I was met by his gray eyes. They looked so soft and dreamy. I slowly raised my hand to touch his face but a voice interrupted me.

"Stop."

I looked up at him but his lips weren't or hadn't moved. He still smiled softly down at me.

"Just stop."

The voice felt closer now and I saw how his expression changed. His soft features turned to stone and when I heard thunder over me he just simply got up and started to walk away.

"Wait!"

He didn't stop and lightening started to hit the ground around me. I started to scream when my body wasn't moving and his was out of sight. I looked up and saw the light coming for me.

With a sudden move I woke up. I sat up straight in my bed. Well that was the first thing that surprised me Why hadn't my head connected with Isabella's? Because this wasn't my old room. As my breath tried to return to normal I scanned the room. Memories of James flooded in my head.

I came here with him. I fell asleep her in his house. I had cleaned this room before... Still, why am I here? I looked around in the room which had four walls. Three of them was plain white and one of them had windows. The last wall was a navy blue one with a blossom pattern. Like flowers falling to the ground.

In the middle of the room was a big bed which I now sat on. Around the room was a few things like a table, a chair, a wardrobe, a few empty shelves, a door that lead into a bathroom and a door that lead you outside.

I looked to my right and outside of the two big windows was a mass of dark clouds. A soft rain was falling but it looked like it any second could transform to a storm.

Footsteps right outside my window got my attention. Then I heard how someone started to talk, I would lie if I said I wasn't curious so I pushed my body out of the bed and pressed my ear to the door. Right now would maybe be a good time to panic over the fact that I wasn't wearing the same dress as I wore yesterday and I do not remember changing out of it, but I'll save that one for later.

"What is she doing here?"

It was obvious that Aiden was talking about me. They really tried to speak with hushed tones but it was obvious that Aiden was a bit surprised.