79

"They could tear this house down brick by brick, but we won't even miss a thing. They say we'd never make it but out hearts won't quit, a never ending fantasy. We could be royalty, king and queen of nowhere. Lose it all everything. As long as we got you and I, you and me they could tear this whole house down. All we have is love. All we have is love." I sing, not noticing the body that leans on the doorway, listening intently.

As I finish the song, I hear a slow clapping.

"You write fantastic songs, we have to show you to our manager," Daniel says with a big smile.

"Thanks," I say with a shy smile.

"You seriously do have a talent Sabrina. I want you to be able to use it," he says, holding my hands in his.

"Yeah—" I start but am interrupted.

"DANIEL!" A voice screeches.

I look at him questioningly, but he returns the look. We slowly sneak down where we see... the devil herself. Standing in our kitchen like it's her own house.

With her hand on her hip, she asks, "What is she doing here?"

"I'm living with my boyfriend," I say firmly, wrapping my arms around him.

"Sorry, but you guys broke up. And for good cause too, he was a mess without you," she says with a cold chuckle.

"That's exactly why I need her," Daniel points out.

"She makes you weak. You're a celebrity, you can't afford to have a weakness that's why I should be your girlfriend, and not her," she sneers.

"Okay, look I'm sorry but you're literally just telling him 'I want to use you for fame' like what the actual f*ck? You clearly don't know me that well, but even though you tore me down. Hurt me. Destroyed me. I still care about people. Maybe my heart has learned to handle hurt, but it also knows how to care. And guess what, Daniel is the kind of
person that deserves someone who truly cares about him. I'm fine if he decides it isn't me, it isn't in my hands. But I tried and I care. You can't say that! So just get the hell out of my house," I say as my voice thickens with emotion.

"Hello?" A familiar voice asks from the doorway.

"Oh f*ck," I curse.