Chapter 7

Stiles' POV:

"STILES JUST LEAVE ME ALONE FOR GOD SAKE."  is all that remains in my mind after that night. I remember walking out and a tear slowly trickling down my face as I walked away. I care about Derek so much and for him to throw it all back in my face was indescribable. The pain that surrounded my heart was tremendous, it was exhausting. All I wanted to do was try and help him feel okay, but he threw it all back in my face. Everything I thought I meant to him has been erased. We're back to square 1.

It's been 3 days since I last saw the pack, and I've blatantly been avoiding them. I don't want to see anyone, remaining in the comfort of my own home seems much more preferable than getting rejected again. Being human in a pack of supernatural people is tough, I've always felt excluded but now I feel as if I've been kicked out of the group but I'll find away to seek comfort in myself, in being alone.

I just can't get my head around Derek sometimes, his bipolar attitude makes me want to scream, I just want him to be the Derek I saw that night - before he told me to leave. That Derek, was the greatest side of him I've ever witnessed.

Derek's POV.

I sit on top of Stile's roof, listening to his heart beat every night. It's above and beyond uncomfortable up there but I don't want to leave him, in case Kate strikes him instead of me. All of me longs to be inside with him, with his humour and his drama but to protect him I have to leave him be. I know he's angry at me, the emotions I can sense are of anger and despair which is truly tearing my heart into shred. Derek Hale doesn't like making people feel like this, especially ones he cares about, I think to myself. Being without Stiles, even just for a few days has got me thinking about my family that I lost. I've never confessed to anyone how much I miss them all, my mother's comfort for when I was in a difficult situation. I'd be lying if I didn't confess that I needed her guidance now more than ever. I need some good advice right now. How does one deal with a situation like this, with an undead hunter?

It suddenly popped into my head, someone who could possibly help in this situation. Dr Deaton.

I jump off from Stiles' roof down to the ground and run as fast as I can over to the animal clinic. If anyone knows anything it'll be him. My body rushes through these woods, these woods that I used to run through with my family, that I used to go out and make memories in. I have to pause and catch my breath, my throat has gone dry and my insides are swelling up. I know what's coming next but it hasn't happened in a long time, and I don't want it to happen. A tear releases itself from my eyelids. My hand catches it on it's journey across my face, and I sigh in defeat. I've pushed the ones I care for away from me, so now I have no one to empty my emotions into, and no one to comfort them. I shrug away my previous feelings and continue towards the clinic. Determination takes control and my legs move faster than they ever have before. I pull into a jog when I reach the clinic and thrust the door open. Dr Deaton stands at the front desk with a confused look on his face.

"Good evening Derek, what can I help you with?" He questions steadily.

"I was looking for some advice." I respond hastily.

"I'm afraid Derek we are closed, maybe you could come back-" He starts but I cut him off abruptly.

"It's urgent."

"Come on through then." He says whilst opening up the small gate that separates us. We make our way through to his surgery table and I begin to inform him of the situation we are in with Kate. All through out my explanation his heartbeat doesn't rise or fall - It stays completely constant. Much like his facial expression, nothing to indicate he was shocked at all.

"And Kate was killed by...?" Deaton asks.

"Peter." I respond through my gritted teeth, I was getting impatient waiting for answers.