14

The steam was so thick she could barely see and the booming music muted the noise of the shower. Sliding the bathroom door closed Normani slid the lock into place. She quickly stripped from her clothes and threw them into a pile in the corner. She then pulled the shower curtain open whispering Boo

Camila jumped and swore covering herself with her hands. Normani snickered and stepped into the bath while Camila held a hand to her heart.

"What the fuck?" Camila asked letting her arms drop and standing back from the water stream.

"I missed you today." Normani murmured her arms enclosing Camila's waist and pressing her lips to Camila's collar bone appreciating the hot water releasing the tension in her muscles. Camila released a sigh of content wrapping her arms around Normani's neck closing her eyes. 

"We were working together all day babe." Camila pointed out humming in approval as Normani kissed up along her neck.

"Yeah but Mom was helping so I had to keep my hands off you. And then Grandma sat beside you at dinner so I couldn't even hold your hand under the table like first graders." Normani argued finally removing her lips from Camila's body. 

Camila raised an eyebrow muttering "First graders? Texas kids develop a lot quicker." Normani snorted.

"Oh whatever Alabama. Now quickly I told Mom I was having quicker shower. She thinks you're out in the barn still." 

"Quickly what?" Camila teased biting her lip while maintaining eye-contact with Normani. Normani glanced down to Camila's lips. "Oh you know." 

Desperate lips on lips, passionate hands on hot bodies, neither of them noticed the water running cold. 

Normani walked into the kitchen awhile later trying to supress the grin on her face. Her happiness level was only increasing with Camila around. 

"Hey." Camila greeted her casually, as though that very mouth hadn't been doing unspeakable things minutes before. "Hi." Normani replied sitting beside her Mom at the table watching Camila wash the dishes. 

"So I'm going out to see some of my friends after I'm done here. You're welcome to tag along if you want. It's only a small thing." Camila offered nonchalantly but from the look she gave Normani it was obvious she wanted her to come.

"Yeah I'd like to come. What's the dress code?" Normani asked glancing to her mother who reading the newspaper intently.

"What you're wearing is good." Camila smiled eyeing Normani's outfit. She was wearing a black strapless crop top under a sheer dark olive green tank top and denim shorts which were frayed the bottom. Camila recognised the shorts as her own but she just smirked and turned back around. It was good to see because Normani was now able to wear her own clothes but she chose to wear Camila's. 

The truck rumbled to a halt at the edge of a field as the last few minutes of sun light lingered. A roaring bonfire was in the centre of the grass while a group of teens surrounded it. Zayn immediately sprung from the truck shouting "Catch ya' later." as he jumped the fence. 

Normani looked at Camila. She was wearing a loose black tank top, ripped denim jeans and she had curled her hair. She was looking hot. 

"You okay babe?" Camila asked turning to her as she shoved her keys into her pockets.

"Yeah I'm good." Normani smiled weakly unbuckling herself. Camila scoffed.

"You're a shocking liar. Come here." Camila pulled her closer and let their lips touch for a moment. "Just remember they're all rednecks inferior to you city girls."