3

A warm breeze flowed over the congregation as crickets chirped and Lauren plucked the strings of her guitar. A red glow surrounded them, the sun just setting in the distance, over the fields filled with livestock. Normani was surprised the sun was only setting now. It was nine o'clock. In the city you lost sight of natural light midday. 

Camila was perched on the swing set beside Zayn, both trying to swing highest. Throughout the competition they could had not stopped laughing, Camila's laugh a welcome relief from the exhaustion.

Working till seven tonight had hit Normani hard. She had always assumed she was in her prime. She was a cheerleader after all. They practiced three times a week! But somehow lifting bale after bale and trudging through fields for six hours straight gave 'fit' a new definition. 

Mr. Cabello and Pops were slouched on the porch swing, each with a bottle of beer in their hands. They were smiling and laughing discussing the new honorary family member. She really wasn't used to hard work. 

Normani, Lauren, Sofi and Chris sat at the table littered with their empty plates. Mr. Cabello had grilled up an absolute feast. Now twenty minutes after the food had been demolished they were relaxing with some root beers. 

Suddenly Zayn's swing reached a high point and he sprung off landing in a crouch beside the table causing Normani to gasp. Lauren snorted at her reaction and rolled her eyes at Camila. She in turn smiled at Lauren and jumped down from her swing. 

"So darling we're gonna go now. See y'all in the morning." Zayn beamed swinging his arm around Camila and kissing her cheek. Chris groaned and stood up stretching his arms above his head. 

Zayn grabbed her bottle and gulped the remainder of its contents. Camila smirked while Normani just looked confused. In response Camila raised three fingers.

Silently counting down to one she raised her own bottle to her lips. Upon the conclusion of Camila's countdown Zayn released an almighty burp which caused everyone to laugh and Camila to shake her head.

"Please." She scoffed before finishing hers and matching his exhalation of gas with an equal amount of vigour. Mr. Cabello put his head in his hands chuckling while Pops tutted wearing an amused grin. 

"If you had a vagina instead of a dick you two would be perfect for each other." Lauren said to Zayn shaking her head. Normani froze. Had Camila's sister just ousted her like that in front of everyone? 

Normani looked to Mr. Cabello to gage his reaction. His brows furrowed as he replied, "Language Lauren and we all know Zayn is far too feminine for Camila." Pops tapped the neck of his bottle against his son's murmuring "I second that!" 

Both Camila and Zayn faked a look of offence before nodding to each. They both knew he was right. Private parts aside, they would never work. Zayn was far too co-dependent. 

Normani felt as though she was in a state of shock. Everyone was okay with Camila's sexuality. What?! Personally she went between accepting it and complete denial but she knew for sure her family would not tolerate her potential sexuality. Romance existed between a man and a woman and everything else was a sin. Or so her Grandma said. But here everyone was making a joke out of it. 

"Right buddy lets go." Zayn declared snapping Normani out of her trail of thought. Sofi stood and her and Chris hugged awkwardly. "Wooo!" Lauren taunted from her chair and Camila glared at her. The child could be so god damned insensitive. Sofia's face flared red and they broke apart, Chris running his hand through his short chestnut hair. 

"Come on Romeo!" Zayn smirked removing her arm from Camila's shoulders and placing it on Chris's. "Bye guys!" she grinned pushing her little brother through the back door mocking Chris about Young Love.